Simmer's Garden
As a guest you may not be allowed in to certain areas of the forum; please sign up to be able to download from our forum.
Thank You,
SG Staff
Simmer's Garden

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!
Free Birdhouse 2 Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
Facebook
Latest topics
» Important Notice
Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:21 pm by CindaLove

» Birdgurl's Sims 2 Creations [Advent Calendar - Dec. 2015]
Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:50 pm by Birdgurl

» It's been a Looong time
Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:12 am by Lilly LeClaire

» Disney Crib Bedding Collection
Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:04 am by Lilly LeClaire

» MERRY CHRISTMAS
Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:54 am by Broomhilda

» December 2015 Creation of the Month
Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:09 pm by CindaLove

» Happy Holidays to all here at Simmer's Garden
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:35 pm by Broomhilda

» Forumotion Banner Christmas Contest
Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:00 pm by Broomhilda

» Chatbox
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:44 pm by CindaLove

You are not connected. Please login or register

Simmer's Garden » Other Discussions » Off-Topic & Other Discussions » Off-Topic Discussions » Cleaning up

Cleaning up

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Cleaning up on Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:29 pm

So I'm deleting several program files and cleaning up my PC so it runs much faster, I've noticed many changes in it's speed since I started.

2 Re: Cleaning up on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:12 pm

Simmer's Garden

Admin
a clean up is good pip. i recently had a clean up too got rid of things i no longer use or need it does help Smile

https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique

3 Re: Cleaning up on Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:16 pm

Some programs are refusing to install, I assume that they're missing important files. groan
I'll probably continue with getting rid of stuff tomorrow. It's kind of annoying having a ton of files that refuse to uninstall from the computer, also I considered completely wiping my computer of everything non microsoft but then I realized that I'd have to re-install all my programs that I absolutely need.

4 Re: Cleaning up on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Simmer's Garden

Admin
sounds like you need manually remove some files pip. go into your programme files sometimes there are files in there that need to be deleted after uninstaling stuff. it is quite surprising what you find in there lol. i had the sims one folders still in the programme files and it has been a long time since i removed it off my pc

https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique

5 Re: Cleaning up on Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:44 pm

CindaLove

Admin
Uninstalling programs leaves bit and pieces of the program behind in the Temp folder that will prevent reinstallation of the programs. Deleting the contents of the Temp folder regularly actually speeds up your computer and ensures correct installations of programs.

http://www.cindassimstyle.com/

6 Re: Cleaning up on Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 pm

I installed a program called "Windows Seven Manager" and it seems to be working very well at removing these mysterious files. xD

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum