Simmer's Garden
As a guest you may not be allowed in to certain areas of the forum; please sign up to be able to download from our forum.
Thank You,
SG Staff
Simmer's Garden

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!
Free Birdhouse 2 Cursors at www.totallyfreecursors.com
Facebook
Latest topics
» Important Notice
Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:21 pm by CindaLove

» Birdgurl's Sims 2 Creations [Advent Calendar - Dec. 2015]
Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:50 pm by Birdgurl

» It's been a Looong time
Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:12 am by Lilly LeClaire

» Disney Crib Bedding Collection
Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:04 am by Lilly LeClaire

» MERRY CHRISTMAS
Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:54 am by Broomhilda

» December 2015 Creation of the Month
Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:09 pm by CindaLove

» Happy Holidays to all here at Simmer's Garden
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:35 pm by Broomhilda

» Forumotion Banner Christmas Contest
Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:00 pm by Broomhilda

» Chatbox
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:44 pm by CindaLove

You are not connected. Please login or register

Simmer's Garden » The Sims 2 » The Sims 2 Topics & Tools » The Sims 2 Discussions » Recolors - How do I make them?

Recolors - How do I make them?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Recolors - How do I make them? on Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:25 pm

BBdoll3

Admin
hello2 My Forum Friends! I just recently created more Carpets/Tiles/Walls, but was wondering how I could make "Recolors" of objects I've created. Would anyone have instructions how I can do that? I'd be most grateful for your feedback!

thankyou

2 Recolors - How do I make them? on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:05 am

Lilly LeClaire

Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
mickeywave Hi, BBdoll! goodpost

I hope that you are doing well.

I also wish I could help you. It's something I'd like to learn as well. Actually I'd even like to learn how to make some of the objects. In any case, i would like to learn how to recolor EA objects. More than once I'm re-modeling a room and find an object and think "I wish I had this in a different color." (Actually same goes for EA made clothing.)

Maybe another Simmer will see this and put the directions here or give us a link to where we can find them.

Lilly flower

3 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:27 pm

BBdoll3

Admin
Thanks, Hun! You know what? I'm working on documentation on how I make my Carpets and Tiles to share with my daughter. Would you like a copy? Maybe I can post it here for others who may not know how, can use. And some of our more 'Experiance' Simmers can maybe provide their input as well.

4 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:02 pm

CindaLove

Admin
Hi BBdoll. I haven't a clue how to do any of that stuff, but our affilitate, Affinity Sims, has tutorials that they have brought over from Sublime Sims, which seems to have gone MIA. lol There are tutorials that show how to make your own meshes and other stuff. Maybe ya'll can figure it out and have a go at it, but not me - I'm afraid my brain will explode!
hysterical

Bodyshop/Gimp Tutorials 1 - Basic Recolours Using the Gimp by Skadi

http://www.cindassimstyle.com/

5 Recolors - How do I make them? on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Lilly LeClaire

Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
thankyou BBdoll, that would be great. I think it would fit well under the tips, tricks & tutorial TS2 section. I think it's always great when you share those things. Maybe then I could get the floors the color I want.

And, thankyou CindaLove for sharing the link. It's always great to have new information.

Lilly flower

6 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 pm

CindaLove

Admin
Just posted it in the Tips, Tricks and Tutorial section [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
ballspin

7 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:29 pm

BBdoll3

Admin
thankyou Cinda!

8 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:51 pm

BBdoll3

Admin
Hi Cinda. I went to the link you provided, but I don't think that's what I want. It's a tutorial for recolor of clothing. I was looking for one that is for Carpets, Tiles, Chairs, etc. I don't think this will work. I found this link on Mod, but sawan agreement which says, "The us of SimPE might cause problems to your "Sims 2" game or the entire system.

That's scary, and in order to utilize the Recolor feature, I need to load software for SimPE found here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would you happen to know if this is safe or not? I may just forget about the recolor, as it's not really that important. I'll just go through the drill of making things separate as I was doing.

9 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:25 am

For flooring and walls you may want to use Homecrafter plus for the sims. SimPE however is your best bet for recoloring furniture but I could never really get into all that stuff so I really know nothing about it except you can most likely find various turtorials on the web.

10 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 pm

BBdoll3

Admin
Hello Mystic! I've missed you, hun! sunny Thanks for the tip. I think you're right, and I am using HomeCrafter Plus. That's how I made them. I was just wondering if there was some way I could do recolors on them.

11 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:12 pm

CindaLove

Admin
Hi BBdoll. I know that the tutorial show how to recolor with the outfit, but I thought the concept would be the same for floors and walls, but minus the Body Shop. But if that doesn't work for you hun, maybe Neff or someone else may know of a tutorial specifically what your looking for.
daisy

12 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 pm

BBdoll3

Admin
Ok, thanks Cinda. I will try that and see. I'll let you know too. I just thought it was for Clothes.

13 Re: Recolors - How do I make them? on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 pm

CindaLove

Admin
If it doesn't work for you hun, maybe we can find another tutorial for that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum