SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Recolors - How do I make them?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 770013

Recolors - How do I make them? Empty
PostSubject: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 1:25 pm

hello2 My Forum Friends! I just recently created more Carpets/Tiles/Walls, but was wondering how I could make "Recolors" of objects I've created. Would anyone have instructions how I can do that? I'd be most grateful for your feedback!

thankyou
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 679097

PostSubject: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 11:05 am

mickeywave Hi, BBdoll! goodpost

I hope that you are doing well.

I also wish I could help you. It's something I'd like to learn as well. Actually I'd even like to learn how to make some of the objects. In any case, i would like to learn how to recolor EA objects. More than once I'm re-modeling a room and find an object and think "I wish I had this in a different color." (Actually same goes for EA made clothing.)

Maybe another Simmer will see this and put the directions here or give us a link to where we can find them.

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 1:27 pm

Thanks, Hun! You know what? I'm working on documentation on how I make my Carpets and Tiles to share with my daughter. Would you like a copy? Maybe I can post it here for others who may not know how, can use. And some of our more 'Experiance' Simmers can maybe provide their input as well.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 706271

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi BBdoll. I haven't a clue how to do any of that stuff, but our affilitate, Affinity Sims, has tutorials that they have brought over from Sublime Sims, which seems to have gone MIA. lol There are tutorials that show how to make your own meshes and other stuff. Maybe ya'll can figure it out and have a go at it, but not me - I'm afraid my brain will explode!
hysterical

Bodyshop/Gimp Tutorials 1 - Basic Recolours Using the Gimp by Skadi

Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 679097

PostSubject: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:45 pm

thankyou BBdoll, that would be great. I think it would fit well under the tips, tricks & tutorial TS2 section. I think it's always great when you share those things. Maybe then I could get the floors the color I want.

And, thankyou CindaLove for sharing the link. It's always great to have new information.

Lilly flower

Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Just posted it in the Tips, Tricks and Tutorial section [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
ballspin
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 5:29 pm

thankyou Cinda!
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Hi Cinda. I went to the link you provided, but I don't think that's what I want. It's a tutorial for recolor of clothing. I was looking for one that is for Carpets, Tiles, Chairs, etc. I don't think this will work. I found this link on Mod, but sawan agreement which says, "The us of SimPE might cause problems to your "Sims 2" game or the entire system.

That's scary, and in order to utilize the Recolor feature, I need to load software for SimPE found here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Would you happen to know if this is safe or not? I may just forget about the recolor, as it's not really that important. I'll just go through the drill of making things separate as I was doing.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:25 am

For flooring and walls you may want to use Homecrafter plus for the sims. SimPE however is your best bet for recoloring furniture but I could never really get into all that stuff so I really know nothing about it except you can most likely find various turtorials on the web.
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 12:22 pm

Hello Mystic! I've missed you, hun! sunny Thanks for the tip. I think you're right, and I am using HomeCrafter Plus. That's how I made them. I was just wondering if there was some way I could do recolors on them.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi BBdoll. I know that the tutorial show how to recolor with the outfit, but I thought the concept would be the same for floors and walls, but minus the Body Shop. But if that doesn't work for you hun, maybe Neff or someone else may know of a tutorial specifically what your looking for.
daisy
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 8:46 pm

Ok, thanks Cinda. I will try that and see. I'll let you know too. I just thought it was for Clothes.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 pm

If it doesn't work for you hun, maybe we can find another tutorial for that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recolors - How do I make them?   Recolors - How do I make them? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recolors - How do I make them?
Page 1 of 1