SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 23 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 23 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

[solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 619465

[solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error Empty
PostSubject: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 3:50 pm

hey all,

i'm reinstalling right now. my fun with pets collection says that i already have family fun stuff installed and i don't! so will i need to get family fun stuff?
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 709571

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:22 pm

First try cleaning your temp folder out. When you uninstall a game, it leaves bits of those behind in the temp folder, thus preventing you from reinstalling. To empty temp files, type temp in the start menu search box then hit the enter key. Click on the temp folder to open, then press ctrl + A together to select all files, then tap delete. When the window pops up asking if you want to delete the items select yes. If another window pops up and says of the remaining files, the action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program, click on skip until all windows close. If this doesn't help, let us know.
flower

Last edited by CindaLove on Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:41 pm

i looked , i don't see anything there :( that was my favorite stuff pack :(
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:47 pm

What os are you using?
Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:49 pm

windows 7. i swear that it's the disc.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:55 pm

Okay I realize I left out that it's typed in the start menu search box. My bad.
Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 4:57 pm

and that's what i did. the only thing that came up was my newly installed sims 2 readme files. not fun with pets.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Hunni, do it anyway. There may be junk files there that's keeping you from installing.
Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 7:49 pm

CindaLove wrote:
Hunni, do it anyway. There may be junk files there that's keeping you from installing.

i tried it's not working :( could it be the disk?
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:00 pm

Okay try these steps.
~ First of all, examine the disk for smudges and scratches: sometimes a problem with installation can simply be a dirty or scratched disk. Clean the disk center to outward - not in a circular motion, with a clean, soft cloth and buff scratches with cd / dvd scratch remover / cleaner.

~ Clean your dvd - rom drive by blowing it out with a can of air. Doing this regularly can't hurt, and can prevent problems.

~ Close or end background tasks before installation. Programs running in the background steals away system resources on your computer, causing installation and game play problems, especially I've found, if you have Vista. Closing background tasks and disabling your Antivirus program before installation and game play will ensure proper installation and help boost performance when playing your game.

~ For Windows 7, Vista and XP users, right - click a blank space on the taskbar and select task manager. Click the processes tab to view the list of processes running at the moment. Click the User Name header to organize the processes by login. Click on any program listed next to your Windows Login, other than Explorerexe. and Taskmgrexe., then select the End Process button. The selected item will disappear from the list. Do not close any processes running under System, Local Service, or Network Service. Repeat the above until all programs associated to your Windows Login are closed except for Explorerexe., Taskmgrexe. and dwmexe.(Desktop). After installing your games, restart your computer restart the background tasks. Don't forget to enable your Antivirus program. Your games should install properly, but if they don't, try a manual installation and the above.

~ Manual installation:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~ Note: If your installing an EP or a SP for the first time, refer to the above on closing the background tasks and antivirus, and if needed the manual installation. If you are reinstalling your game, do the above referring to the background tasks, antivirus, manual installation if needed, and the below on emptying your temporary folder.

~ Emptying or cleaning your temporary folder:
To empty temp files for XP, click on run in the start menu and type %temp% then click ok. Click on one of the files in the folder that just opened, then press ctrl + A together to select all the files in this folder, then tap the delete key, then yes to all. For Windows 7 and Vista, in the start menu search box, type %temp% then hit the enter key. Click on the temp folder to open, then press ctrl + A together to select all files, then tap delete. When the window pops up asking if you want to delete the items select yes. If another window pops up and says of the remaining files, the action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program, click on skip until all windows close.
Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 pm

CindaLove wrote:
Okay try these steps.
~ First of all, examine the disk for smudges and scratches: sometimes a problem with installation can simply be a dirty or scratched disk. Clean the disk center to outward - not in a circular motion, with a clean, soft cloth and buff scratches with cd / dvd scratch remover / cleaner.

~ Clean your dvd - rom drive by blowing it out with a can of air. Doing this regularly can't hurt, and can prevent problems.

~ Close or end background tasks before installation. Programs running in the background steals away system resources on your computer, causing installation and game play problems, especially I've found, if you have Vista. Closing background tasks and disabling your Antivirus program before installation and game play will ensure proper installation and help boost performance when playing your game.

~ For Windows 7, Vista and XP users, right - click a blank space on the taskbar and select task manager. Click the processes tab to view the list of processes running at the moment. Click the User Name header to organize the processes by login. Click on any program listed next to your Windows Login, other than Explorerexe. and Taskmgrexe., then select the End Process button. The selected item will disappear from the list. Do not close any processes running under System, Local Service, or Network Service. Repeat the above until all programs associated to your Windows Login are closed except for Explorerexe., Taskmgrexe. and dwmexe.(Desktop). After installing your games, restart your computer restart the background tasks. Don't forget to enable your Antivirus program. Your games should install properly, but if they don't, try a manual installation and the above.

~ Manual installation:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

~ Note: If your installing an EP or a SP for the first time, refer to the above on closing the background tasks and antivirus, and if needed the manual installation. If you are reinstalling your game, do the above referring to the background tasks, antivirus, manual installation if needed, and the below on emptying your temporary folder.

~ Emptying or cleaning your temporary folder:
To empty temp files for XP, click on run in the start menu and type %temp% then click ok. Click on one of the files in the folder that just opened, then press ctrl + A together to select all the files in this folder, then tap the delete key, then yes to all. For Windows 7 and Vista, in the start menu search box, type %temp% then hit the enter key. Click on the temp folder to open, then press ctrl + A together to select all files, then tap delete. When the window pops up asking if you want to delete the items select yes. If another window pops up and says of the remaining files, the action cannot be completed because the file is open in another program, click on skip until all windows close.
Thanks, i tried that too. it just still thinks Family Fun Stuff is on there and it isn't. EDIT: Found lots of temp files but it's on my computer so, will my computer be ok if i delete them?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error   [solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[solved]Sims 2 fun with Pets Error
Page 1 of 1