SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Using All Capitals

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 809371

Using All Capitals Empty
PostSubject: Using All Capitals   Using All Capitals I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 3:54 pm

It has come to the attention of the staff that just lately a lot of members have been using all capitals in their post's. This is against the forum rules as it is considered as shouting. The staff over a number of weeks have been going in and editing some of the posts to lower case letters but it is becoming very, tiresome for the staff to have to keep doing this all the time, and we cannot keep doing this, so please refrain from using all capitals in your posts. If you need to emphasise your words, please just make the words bolder, use italics, or make them just a little larger or different color than the rest of your post instead. From now on any posts we find that has all or any words that are all capitals, will be deleted off the forum. No longer will the staff continue to go in and edit the posts; we cannot keep up with it and and cannot continue to do this.

Thank You!

Last edited by nefertiti781 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 770013

Using All Capitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using All Capitals   Using All Capitals I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:50 pm

Sorry bout that. I know I use Caps when expressing myself. I will make the adjustmet. sad
Back to top Go down
katee752
Rising Star
Rising Star
katee752

Female

Pisces Posts : 296
Simoleons : 672056

Using All Capitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using All Capitals   Using All Capitals I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:55 am

If in one of my legacy chapters a Sim is shouting can I use all caps, or do I have to use italics?
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 706271

Using All Capitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using All Capitals   Using All Capitals I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 4:58 am

It would be the same as if you told a story out loud and when you came to a part where a character yells, you actually yell the line too, instead of clarifying that the character is yelling. Most proffessional writers use bold and/or italics to emphasize the parts where their characters yell. You could also use a different color emphasis. For example, I'll use all of them I mentioned: "Help!", she screamed at the top of her lungs.
There are different ways to emphasize without posting in all caps. I hope that helps you out.

flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Sponsored content

Using All Capitals Empty
PostSubject: Re: Using All Capitals   Using All Capitals I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using All Capitals
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SG Tester 2 :: Important Site Stuff :: Announcements-
Jump to: