We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!
News & Reminders
We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden!
Facebook

Share | 

[solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:12 am

I've been trying to download Hair, Clothes, and other items onto my sims 2 game, but each time I open a items from certain sites, Adobe Reader will not allow me to read the file. It says

"It is not a supported file type, or because the file has been damaged."

If there is anything I am doing wrong, then please let me know. I have looked around, and none of the other programs will bring these downloads up. Could someone please help me?
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

Pisces Posts : 3128
Simoleons : 344017

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:36 am

You need to install a opening software such as 7-Zip. Then right click on your downloaded file and either Extract All or Open with 7-zip. 7-zip will open both rar and zip files.
flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:25 pm

How do I extract the files? This is not one of the options when I right click..
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi docs, sorry for the late reply. Here's how to extract:
1. Download and install 7-Zip on your computer.
2. With zip files, right-click on the file and select "Extract All" as shown below.

Spoiler:

3. With Rar files, right-click on the file and select "7-Zip" and from the drop-box select "Extract Files" as shown below.

Spoiler:

I hope that helps you out a little.

flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 am

Either get Win Rar or Win Zip both are super easy to use, select extract file TO:
your sims download folder. Located in MY Documents/Downloads.
Back to top Go down
Pierre1

Male

Scorpio Posts : 572
Simoleons : 305542

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:01 am

hello doc13 sometime some files for sims2 requires the sims2 clean installer to install content and also you need to make sure in order for cc to show up ingame you need to make sure when the game loads to active cc in game.

Please note that until i get my new computer and have install my sims3 game i will not be taking any request until i have my new computer and have everything set up and my game install thank you for your patiance
Back to top Go down
http://delightfulsims.net/index.php
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2227
Simoleons : 407762

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Cinda/Pierre, are there instructions how to utilize the Clean Installer? When I check my files I have some Pink and mayby a Red. Does red mean it's a bad file and should I get rid of it? I also notice that I may have a Pink and then just above it, is the same file, so I delete the file that is highlighted in Pink. Is that okay?

I'm not sure if I'm using the Clean Installer correctly. I delete a lot of dup files. bounce

Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Yes, the pink files mean they are duplicate files so they are okay to delete. The red files mean that it is a hack or object that could cause conflict with your game, but not necessarily bad.
flower2
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2227
Simoleons : 407762

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:00 pm

Thanks Cinda!

Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:50 am

Docs, have you solved the problem hun?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!   

Back to top Go down

[solved]Adobe Reader won't let me download certain things?!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmer's Garden :: The Sims 2 :: The Sims 2 Topics & Tools :: The Sims 2 Technical Help-
Jump to: