SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 25 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 619465

Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:13 pm

my question is, do you think the sims 2 game will install correctly even if the sims 2 site will be closing? i hope so, because i will be playing TS2 forever.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 709571

Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 9:29 pm

Yes they will install without the Sim 2 site. But the patches will be gone forever. I did copy all the patches into a zip folder with the intent of uploading them here on our forum in case/when the Sims 2 site does go down for good, but when my old pc messed up I wasn't able to get to it. I was able to retrieve all the files off of my old pc, but it has taken me hours just to get a few files transferred to my new one and they're not the files I want. I'm going to try again this weekend to transfer the files to my new pc, if/when I do I will upload them here for everyone.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 619465

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:10 am

CindaLove wrote:
Yes they will install without the Sim 2 site. But the patches will be gone forever. I did copy all the patches into a zip folder with the intent of uploading them here on our forum in case/when the Sims 2 site does go down for good, but when my old pc messed up I wasn't able to get to it. I was able to retrieve all the files off of my old pc, but it has taken me hours just to get a few files transferred to my new one and they're not the files I want. I'm going to try again this weekend to transfer the files to my new pc, if/when I do I will upload them here for everyone.

ok so if i need the patches, hopefully you can retrieve them from your old computer, i could get them from here. so that's good. but could you still be able to register the games? i mean i haven't registered my new ones anyways but just so maybe i could still "save" the code if i lose it.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:18 am

You may be still able to register your new games EA/Origin on their site. I don't see a register section over there, but if you get in touch with customer service over there they probably can get them registered for you.
flower
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 11:34 am

The Sims 2 site is still up; you can access it through a "side" link. I just got on it, but it won't let me log in, so I gather they're having trouble with it again like before. If and when they get it going you should go ahead and get your games registered. You can still download the patches for your game, and I'm going to go ahead and get them to upload here for when it does go down for good.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 5:06 am

I sooo cannot get access to that site no matter what link i use! grrrr!
Beginning to wonder if we should trawl all the other sites to see if anyone else has patches saved so we can get copies for ourselves over here at tssf?
The more of us with things like that saved to memory stick the better!
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 11:05 am

Twinx, I have the patches together and will be posting them shortly here on the TSSF for everyone to access.
flower
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:12 pm

dancer Thank you Cinda. I will be watching for those links. I need to grab my last two stories off of there. It is crazy how they cant be bothered with letting anyone know that they are closing the site or changing the rules. :affraid:
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:23 pm

Yes, I advise anyone with stories on the Sims 2 site back up their stories so they won't lose them when they decide to shut it down. I'm in the process of posting the links to the patches so bear with me; I'll have them up shortly.
flower2
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 773313

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2012 12:43 pm

I hope Daisy gets all of her stories off. I'd hate to miss out. :affraid: She has some awesome stories.
Back to top Go down
DaisyRaggs
Superstar
Superstar
DaisyRaggs

Female

Pisces Posts : 663
Simoleons : 671262

PostSubject: Sims2 Discussion   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 6:12 am

thankyou BBdoll!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?   Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you think the Sims 2 will install even if the sims 2 website will be closed?
Page 1 of 1