SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

[solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 770163

[solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's. Empty
PostSubject: [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's.   [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:55 am

For some reason, I can't reinstall any of my Ep's or Sp's on my XP Comp. I had to reinstall as I was having problems with my game. The only on I could install was Season's, with no problems. DD is still loaded.

When I tried to load BoB, prompt says, (All packs are already installed). Not sure why, because I had uninstalled them all, but DD. So I tried loading the rest by starting with Season's. Both CD's loaded good. When I try to install the others, the first CD for Bon Boyage goes in and I enter my code, then it asks me for the 2nd CD. I load it and it runs, and then asks me to load the 1st CD. I load it and press OK, and it runs. Then it says, (This product will now ensure that your exiting installation is up to date). (OK)

I waited for about 5 mins, and nothing happened, so I pressed the OK button. Then it gives me a message, (Update process did not complete successfully. Installation will now terminate). Then it starts unloading.

I attempt to do the same with the others and the same thing happens. Only differance is, while the 2nd CD is in, it runs to 100%, then gives me message #1, and when the OK button is pressed, it terminates. I have tried this several times. I've even waited for about 30 minutes before pressing the OK button, but nothing happens.

Could it be due to TS2 closing? I'm not sure what's going on. I never had this problem before. Now can only load Season's. sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's.   [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:18 am

I have no idea =(
all I can suggest is doing a manual uninstallation to check everything was removed properly.

ModTheSims might have a better idea whats up hun?
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's.   [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 4:26 am

Thanks princess!
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 809521

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's.   [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 6:06 am

ive had this problem before so i went into programme files only to find there where still sims 2 files left in there from when i had uninstalled it the last time. go into that hun and see if you can find any as this may be the problem otherwise i cannot think why it is happening.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
Pierre1
Pierre1

Male

Scorpio Posts : 573
Simoleons : 667943

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's.   [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 7:33 am

when going true a install reinstall it is recomended to defrag your c drive to cleanup old files i run the defrag program on my computer to remove older fragmented files or after i delete my cache file daisy
Back to top Go down
http://delightfulsims.net/index.php
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's.   [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's. I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 11:24 am

Okay! tnx4sharing Nef and Pierre1. I will try this. I did not think about the Defrag. I have found some files on my Husband's logon, but may have missed something. I had BoB on his comp, but not on mine, as it seems to affect my CC's that I have. I noticed that I lost some things when I loaded BoB, so took it out of my comp. I may just load it back on mine I guess.

I will try all of your suggestions. Thanks again! mickeywave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's.   [solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[solved]Can't Install my Ep's & Sp's.
Page 1 of 1