SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 39 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 39 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

[solved]Microsoft Office Suite?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
katee752
Rising Star
Rising Star
katee752

Female

Pisces Posts : 296
Simoleons : 676406

[solved]Microsoft Office Suite? Empty
PostSubject: [solved]Microsoft Office Suite?   [solved]Microsoft Office Suite? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 4:44 pm

Hey guys!
When I bought my laptop, October/November last year, it already had MS Suite on it and wasn't just a trial. Then, I had to get a new Hard Drive and couldn't afford to buy it and put it on, so I copied all the files and stuff from my dads laptop (which is probably illegal) as his laptop came with it and we don't have a disc copy.
It now doesn't work because it's unlicensed. Has anyone else had this problem, where they had it on their computer and had to get the HD replaced and then didn't have it any more?
I don't want to download it illegally, and it would probably do the same thing anyway and I cant afford it, especially since its $300+
If anyone has overcome this problem, please tell me how!!
I did contact Toshiba when it happened and they couldn't do anything about it.
I know there is a free program I can download, but they save as .odt and when I apply for jobs, they want .doc or .docx files.
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 774363

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Microsoft Office Suite?   [solved]Microsoft Office Suite? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 pm

Hello Katee! That doesn't sound right to me. You have not had it long, so I would think Toshiba would fix what ever went wrong. When my HD went bad, Dell came out and re installed every thing. You should complain to higher up. Sound like there was a Defect somewhere.

Also, they should be able to send you a FREE CD package to restore everything. Start complaining, and writing letters. That is not right. What is your warranty? Did you get one? It automatically comes with a warranty, I think for at least the first year. Don't tell them you copied files from your Dad. It may Void what warranty you have.
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Microsoft Office Suite?   [solved]Microsoft Office Suite? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 12:19 pm

Look in your papers and see if there is an address, phone # or web site that has contact #'s. Call them. Who ever you contacted is full of it! unhappydance They can fix it for you, or at lease tell you what you need to do. I've never heard such a thing, unless "Laptops" aren't covered for various things. What is your brand of laptop?

I went to their site and was looking up their Warranty plan. Did you just have a Standard Warranty, or did you Extend? I found this.

Q.What is covered by my warranty?
A.Standard Limited Warranty: parts and labor are covered for parts that are defective or have failed within the coverage period.
Extended Limited Warranty: same as Standard Limited Warranty, plus whatever add-ons have been purchased. (Ex: Accidental Damage.)
Accidental Damage Service: covers accidental damage due to handling on functional items. (Excludes cosmetic repairs such as worn keys, chipped paint, etc.)

Has your laptop past your Standard time? I would check into it. Ck the Recalls for your laptop also.
Back to top Go down
katee752
Rising Star
Rising Star
katee752

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Microsoft Office Suite?   [solved]Microsoft Office Suite? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 4:06 pm

Thank you.
I was two or three months from the warranty ending, but because I dropped it, the damage wouldn't be covered by it.
I called Toshiba when it happened, just asking about the MS Office stuff, I cant remember what they told me, but in the end it wasn't going back on my computer, except for another so much money, which I didn't and still don't have.
sad sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Microsoft Office Suite?   [solved]Microsoft Office Suite? I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 5:01 pm

If you download Open Office, when you save your files in the box under where you name it there should be a box for file type which drops down and has several options, and there are .doc options for you so you can save it as the correct file type without paying to actually use word.
Back to top Go down
katee752
Rising Star
Rising Star
katee752

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Microsoft Office Suite?   [solved]Microsoft Office Suite? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 1:14 am

I've got Open Office, but it the file doesn't work properly when I save it as a .doc.
I'd rather have Office, it has a lot more features, especially for my assignments and stuff
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Microsoft Office Suite?   [solved]Microsoft Office Suite? I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:04 am

Wow! Okay... Sorry for your misfortune. Hope you can get it fixed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Microsoft Office Suite?   [solved]Microsoft Office Suite? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[solved]Microsoft Office Suite?
Page 1 of 1