SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors

Go down 
+3
BBdoll3
CindaLove
Simmer's Garden
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 813721

Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors Empty
PostSubject: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 3:53 pm

Just to let you all know that the time has come, EA is now closing down the Sims 2.com, so go grab what you can off it now! The site is officially closing down 14th January 2013. Do not worry about the patches as we have brought them here to the forum. We will also bring over the Sims 2 Content Manager and also the Sims 2 Home Crafter Tool along with the tutorials. Smile

Last edited by nefertiti781 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 710621

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:13 pm

We knew they would pull the plug one day; so sad. Thanks Neff for the heads up.
flower2
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 813721

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:27 pm

we sure did Smile i have now uploaded the home crafter both downloads and also the content manager. if there is anything else anyone wants or thinks we should grab before it closes down please let us know Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 4:31 pm

I've got the wallpaper and Maxis cars and some of the objects downloaded. Will get them up as soon as I can. Smile

Last edited by CindaLove on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 774363

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Thanks to Both of you for doing this for us. You guys work so hard to help us and make sure we have everything to keep our games running!

:Godblessstocki
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi, how do I get onto my simpage? It wont let me log on. I would like to get allot of stuff off of my simpage..
Thanks, Merry Christmas!
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Try this Tasia - Google this: My Sim Page - (your username) The Sims 2 - Electronic Arts. Then click the link that is your simpage.
Back to top Go down
Pierre1
Pierre1

Male

Scorpio Posts : 573
Simoleons : 672143

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:10 pm

for those that went to save there sims2 creations on there sims2 sims page i would advise uploading the stuff you went to save on eather a third party host like mediafire box 4 share or div share flower2
Back to top Go down
http://delightfulsims.net/index.php
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 5:49 pm

How u do that Pierre1? I may have some creations on there now that I think about it. I would be using the 4shared.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 6:23 pm

BBdoll I doubt you'll be able to actually download any creations, even if they are on your simpage, because they disabled the exchange a long time ago. But you can copy any stories since they kept that part working, and if you have anything you would actually like to copy you can do that. It's pretty much a joke that Sims Studio is telling everyone to download all their stuff when they know it won't log you in and you have to be logged in to download.
scratch
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 7:59 pm

I could not get in anyway.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 8:02 pm

What was your screen name over there, BBdoll? Maybe I can find a way to your simpage.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 683447

PostSubject: The Sims2.Com to Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 7:54 am

Yes, we knew that this was coming. I thought they would wait until TS4 came out (but maybe that release is closer than I think it will be). Also, they might I have just gotten tired of some of the nastiness that I saw on the BBS Forum which is one of the reasons I have seldom gone back in the past year. The others are that they've been closed down a lot and this is such a great site to be on.

tnx4sharing I want to say a special thank you to both CindaLove and Neff for all the great work they are doing to help keep our Sims 2 games going strong. thanx

There is a great tutorial (by Sherry somthing, I think). It was one of the winners that they featured in the top spot. The tutorial is for how to add a garage to the side of a house that is built on a foundation and make it look like it belongs with stairs going up to the house level inside the garage. Part of the tutorial is also about building a carport with a rounded roof. If you haven't already downloaded it and can find it, I think that it would be a helpful tutorial. I've learned a lot of things that I now use in my building and re-modeling projects from this tutorial.

Lilly thankyou

EDIT: I used a link provided by CindaLove on another post (My Take on Sims 2) and it took me to the exchange. The tutorial I am referring to above is the feartured and award winning tutorial.
The tutorial is "Nightlife Garage on a Foundation Tutorial" and it's by SimsSherry 2. gingerbreadhouse

Last edited by Lilly LeClaire on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : To add additional information)
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 2:28 pm

Is this the tutorial you're talking about Lilly? If so, I'll copy it and get it posted in our BBS Tutorial section.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 683447

PostSubject: The Sims2.Com to Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Yes, CindaLove. That's the tutorial that I'm talking about.

Thank you, in advance, for moving and saving it. bravo

Lilly stocking
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 3:57 pm

You're welcome hun. I'll try to get it posted tonight.
flower
Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 620515

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 9:25 pm

i knew this would happen!

i'm frantically saving my custom content now! thank goodness i saved it before! well thank goodness it was a nice site.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:43 pm

Can we still download stuff from the site?
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 10:51 pm

Nope. That's why I said it's a joke that Sims Studio is telling everyone to download stuff when they know the site won't log you in, and you have to be logged in to be able to download.
sad
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Tutorials   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:14 pm

Its really sad that they're closing down the site....

I'll try to get some of the tutorials over that I think are really good... like this one : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Please do Hermione; those are great tutorials! Smile If you find a tutorial you would like to post before it closes everybody, please post them [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].
flower
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:07 pm

@ Cinda. My screen name was BBdoll3.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Okay. Did you want on your simpage?
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:17 pm

I was able to get to my page, but it won't let me log in. Says my password is incorrect and I know it's not, when I say I can't remember they ask for the user id then it say something about try later something bout servers or something. unhappydance
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 2:23 pm

Nope you can't log in because they disabled that server, so nobody can download anything. They know it too, but they are just stringing everyone along because they don't care.
unhappydance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors   Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official News: The Sims 2.Com To Close It's Doors
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next