We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!
News & Reminders
We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden!
Facebook

Share | 

Allergy Season is Kicking In!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 413013

PostSubject: Allergy Season is Kicking In!   Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Oh My Gosh! sad My allergies are starting in and it just didn't ease in, it hit me all of a sudden. unhappydance I think this year is gonna be a bad No year for me and my allergies. I went over to Campbell Soup to get some juice today, and soon as I landed in that area, I got to sneezing and wheezing non stop for at least 8 mins. It was so bad I had to pull over to the curb until I could get my nose under control. Then thought, why did I stop where I was sneezing the most?.?.

scaredy tongueout Dummyyyyy! goofigirl So finally got to the store, and sat in the car for a couple of mins. When I went in I only sneezed I think maybe 3 times. Went back out, wasn't so bad. I took a different direction and was good. takeoff Looking for my meds now. Got my inhailers (3) and my eye drops. So I'm ready. I should have been taking my meds long before now so they could get in my system.

Oh well, at least I don't have to get up in the mornings anymore for work. When they start kicking in, I look like a creature from you know where. seesaw Eyes all swollen and just about shut. buggout I be feeling like I have a full blown flu when they get bad.

Hope no one else has this problem! groan

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Allergy Season is Kicking In!   Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:20 pm

Hi Bbdoll,
Sorry to hear your allergies are being a problem. I don't have much problems with allergies, but lots of my family does.
Hopefully you will get a nice rain in your area to help lower the pollen count for a little while so you can get your meds going.
Stay well,
Happy Simming.
Tasia bottle

getwell
Back to top Go down
katee752
Rising Star
Rising Star

Female

Pisces Posts : 296
Simoleons : 315056

PostSubject: Re: Allergy Season is Kicking In!   Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:05 pm

Flu season is just starting up here in Australia.
I always get colds, but they last forever and feel like a flu. I just got over a two-week chest and head cold and yesterday I got mouth ulcers and my tonsils are starting to swell again scaredy
Ah well, just need to talk to my doctor about controlling my colds next time I see him and hopefully they'll finally stop :L

PostSubject: Re: Allergy Season is Kicking In!   Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:18 pm

katee752 wrote:
Flu season is just starting up here in Australia.
I always get colds, but they last forever and feel like a flu. I just got over a two-week chest and head cold and yesterday I got mouth ulcers and my tonsils are starting to swell again scaredy
Ah well, just need to talk to my doctor about controlling my colds next time I see him and hopefully they'll finally stop :L

Oh no! Not flu season. I hope you stay well Kaytee. I hear ColdEze is a big help. Drink lots of liquids and take your vitamins. Especially lots of vitamin c.
My little one has had a tummy ache for the last 3 days. Last night she spiked a fever. Today I treated her with good old fashioned home remedies. Soup, mint tea, ginger ale and lots of snuggling. She is much better and even got up to play. I think it is the school lunches that are giving her problems. To much garbage. She asked to go back to packing her lunch. (like we usually do) It is better for her. Lots of veggies,fruits, yogurt, cheese and good stuff. Nothing fried or mechanically separated and glued back together.(Chicken nuggets zombie )
goofigirl buggout goofiguy lucky lucky lucky Razz dancer hysterical
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Allergy Season is Kicking In!   Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:46 pm

Awwww, I sure hope you are feeling much better, Katee. @Tasia, thanks, hun. I'm feeling betther as I've started my meds/inhalers and eye drops. It has flared up my asthma so that's the reason for the inhalers. Can you believe I have never had this problem when I was young. All of this stuff started about 6 years ago. Calif has Bad Air, and Sacramento has tons of trees and all sorts of things floating around in the air, so it's no wonder peeps are down with allergies around here.

And whats soooo strange is, I can drive about 10 blocks down from my house, or go across town, and it's worse. Come back home and come inside and it settles down. I can drive over to Costco area and start sneezing like crazy. Go to where my daughter lives and my eyes start watering and itching and so forth. It's wierd. lol1 So best thing to do is just stay inside, eat and play my games. lol1

Maybe we should move to Mars, you think? Maybe start up a Sims Community. extrahappy

Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 322097

PostSubject: Allergy Season is Kicking In!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:02 am

mickeywave Hi, all!

So, sorry to hear that you are suffering from colds, flu and allergies. I know how you feel since my allergies have been nasty for a while and I'm just getting over a cold. No fun, to have both at one time.

I tried several things for the cold, but the only thing that worked was Cold-EEZE which is basically zinc lozenges which reduces the cold virus' ability to replicate or reproduce. I noticed a definite difference within 24 to 48 hours. (I'm not sure if they have that product in Australia, Katee or if it would work on flu virus'.) And, to help with the chapped nose and eyelids (never had that before), I had to resort to Puffs tissues with lotoin in them--and that helped.

I had a friend remind me of this (along with the benedryl) for allergies. Taking locally grown honey to reduce allergy symptoms. So, I went to a local Sprouts Health Food Store and found locally grown honey (went with the Desert Wildflower version) and now I'm taking 1 Tablespoon per day to see if it will make a difference. No problem for me since honey is sweet and I have a sweet tooth. lafflol I did hear that the reason (at least in Arizona) that things are so bad is that we had a cold (for here) winter and many plants froze. Now all those plants are coming back, at once, and putting wonderful allergens in the air. Not sure if that's the cause but my nose, eyes and ears are not happy.

Here's hoping and praying that all of us are healthy and well very soon. getwell So, we can all party! confetti (Okay, so I just wanted to use this emoticon. giggle ) Oops, I feel a sneeze coming on. Very Happy

Lilly flower

Last edited by Lilly LeClaire on Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling and clarity)
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Allergy Season is Kicking In!   Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:12 am

Thanks Lilly! Prayers for you as well, hunni!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allergy Season is Kicking In!   

Back to top Go down

Allergy Season is Kicking In!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmer's Garden :: Other Discussions :: Off-Topic & Other Discussions :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: