SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Looking for an Indian-type house

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Looking for an Indian-type house Empty
PostSubject: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:27 pm

I'm looking for an Indina looking house for my Sims 2 Game. I can't exactly build one myself since I have nothing that would even remotely look Indian. If anyone could please help me by making an Indian house I would appreciate that very much!
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 706271

PostSubject: Re: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 pm

India - Indian or Native American?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Indian   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:35 pm

Well, whichever fits a Cherokee tribe is fine. Do you know where I can find something like that?
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:44 pm

So what you need is a hut or mud thatched type cabin? I don't know any at the moment, but I'll keep my eyes peeled for them! It 's possible some one else know where to find them, so checking back later would be a good idea. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 12:47 pm

Yeah something like that.

Thank you for helping as much as you could. Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 pm

I checked MTS. No luck! Try TSR...I'm sleepy so I'll have to search the site later.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:08 pm

Haha! Funny you should ask!

My name is Adawehi, and I'm full-blooded Cherokee Native American. The joke among us is, "Do you mean dot or feather?" when asking someone to specify what "Indian" they mean. Which is why the very proud Native Americans avoid saying Indian. If they want something short and easy to roll off the tongue, some say "Native", but that can offend people, as it sounds derogatory.

As for your house, you're looking for log cabins, called long-houses, as the Cherokee were not nomadic, like the plains-based tribes. Mud thatching was more south-western, think early Pueblo or the Navajo. Teepees were central-US, think plains tribes like the Cheyenne or the Crow. (Or Comanche, but the list is long.)

Now that you've gotten your history lesson of the day, happy hunting!
DaisyDRaggs (I think that's her name, sorry.) wrote a fairly well-done story on Native Americans in the 1860s. Her houses, while modernized, got the point across nicely.
I'll keep on the look-out for you, though!

Ada le Troll. C:
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:28 pm

Hi Adawehi, thanks for clarifying for us what is the proper dwelling for the Cherokee. As for the name, I always refrain from saying 'Indian' since well, the tribes are not Indian, and I haven't called them Indians since I was a kid and didn't know better. Not only is it politically correct to call the tribes Native American, but it has long replaced the old 'Indian' name with the correct and proper name Native American in the history books, at least twenty years or more. I myself kind of get a little annoyed when I hear the term "Indian' maybe it's because I have a little Native American in me - a great great great great grandmother (too long ago!)was Sioux. I have had full blooded Cherokee friends through the years and I've always been fascinated with stories of Cherokee culture they would tell me. Oh and I had a good laugh with the dot and feather thing! Very witty! flower
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 pm

(This is my last message off topic, I swear!)
@ Cindalove~ Mhmm! I find it fascinating, myself, but that's mainly because my family hasn't been reservation-based since my grandmother grew up and moved off. So we're pretty modernized. Also, don't worry about using my whole name, I just use Ada. Very Happy

/end OOC chat.

Ada le Troll C:
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 679097

PostSubject: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 11:39 pm

My suggestion would be to ask DaisyRaggs since she did a story called Blood Brothers! She has been very helpful to me when I've asked about where she found specific resources. I hope you find what you are looking for. Smile

And, Ada, it took a little while to get the dot and feather thing, but I did. Smile The word Indian can be confusing. I use Native American or the specific tribe to refer to people native to America. (And, all the confusion because Columbus goofed and thought he was in India.) Lilly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for an Indian-type house   Looking for an Indian-type house I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for an Indian-type house
Page 1 of 1