SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

[solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 774363

[solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! Empty
PostSubject: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:21 pm

All of my work was lost when the site was taken down for maintenance. crying Now I have to start over. I had saved some of my work, but was in the process of adding more pics and comments, and rearranging things when all of a sudden I was zapped. Is there some way you can let us know when you are going to take the site so we won't lose things in the future?

Thanks! sad
Back to top Go down
Pierre1
Pierre1

Male

Scorpio Posts : 573
Simoleons : 672143

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 6:37 am

hello bbdoll the only way i know is that you check to recive the site email for when downtime would be annouce but if there is another way i do not know what it is daisy
Back to top Go down
http://delightfulsims.net/index.php
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 710621

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 10:31 am

Hey BB sorry for that. We do post on our FB when we are doing maintenance, but we can announce it in our chatbox if that would help you. But you would need to have the chatbox page open in another tab while you are posting so you can hear that we are posting in there. Again, we are sorry that we did that to ya, Neff and I were both tired and excited and not thinking clearly. LOL
goofigirl
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:05 pm

K. Thanks Perre1 and Cinda. Now is there a set day that yo usually do the maintenance, on a calendar or something. I'll start ckg.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 1:11 pm

No there is no set day for maintenance, we just do it as we need it. Would a blast email help members? We can do that maybe 30 minutes prior to maintenance. Maybe that would help.
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 2:00 pm

Yeah. Something to give us a heads up that system will be down for a while. I thought I seen it before, something letting us know that it would be down for maintenance one time - a while back, but can't remember when I saw it. Maybe it was when I was trying to log on is when I saw the note, but don't recall ever seeing anything giving warning while logged on.

Maybe if you could ck to see who was logged on and send a note PM or something maybe? When we are working we can see the PM flashing or something. I've seen that at one time and soon as I saw the notice I opened it.

That's just my thought on it. Maybe you should ck to see how others feel about it and get feedback from them. I may be logged on more than other peeps. lafflol Therefore, it would affect me. Peeps who are not logged on as I am may not be affected as much. They get ready to logged on and can't get in, they'll just ck back later, but those who 'R' logged on - writing stories, posting pics and all, will be affected.

When the site went down, it just zapped me, but showed that I was still logged on. Should I have Not Logged Off at that time, but stayed logged on, maybe I would have not lost everything? Not sure. scratch Something to think about. Question is, "When the site is taken down, should we remain logged on, and log off?" If we remain Logged On, can we return to what we were doing prior to site going down? That's the big question.

Something to think about and talk over with staff, maybe? I'm sure maybe no one has brought this up, or you would have passed on suggestions and info to us. dancer
Back to top Go down
Flutterby
Local Phenomenon
Local Phenomenon
Flutterby

Female

Capricorn Posts : 161
Simoleons : 694095

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:31 pm

I think an email would be a good idea especially for us who don't have/check FB.

BB sorry you lost your work. Sadly it wouldn't have mattered if you stayed logged on or not you would have lost your work. It's the same idea as refreshing the page (or leaving the page and coming back) without saving, you loose all the work.

The best thing to do is either save often/write up in a doc with all your image codes etc then copy and past the whole thing into your post.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 3:41 pm

That's pretty much what I think is best like Heather said, copy your work to a notepad or Word document, and with an email for future maintenance reminding those who are working to stop and back it up on either of these. I will be sure to show Neff this post, BB.
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 813721

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Hi BB

sorry you lost all your work due to the maintenance. i did post an hour or so on the fb page to let people know. it is like cinda said we where both very tired and also excited at the same time as we had another surprise in store for you guy's but we cannot get it for a few day's so we where working flat our on here together last night. however next time we intend to close the forum down for maintenance we will send out a blast email giving the date that we will have down time and as from whatever time. i apologise we never did that a we where just wanting to get it done and usually not many members are on that time so we tried to work around it while we thought it was quiet. if anyone logged in at the time of the down time then they will have seen a big notice to say the forum was down for a while. we couldn't possibly just send a pm to those who are on at the time but will be better for the staff and members if we send out a blast email to you all in the future. so please, everyone make sure you are able to receive emails from the forum which you can find in your setting because if you have it so that you cannot receive any mail from the forum and you don't use fb or have hit like on our fb page then no one will be aware that we will have downtime coming up. again we do apologise for the inconvenience it caused.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 3:10 am

Thanks so much. I had saved my work previously, and prior to the shut down, but my few new changes were lost. I was able to start from where I had left off, so I'm good. I should have known that something was up when my page started acting weird and I was getting slow response while trying to scroll my page.

I will be aware next time. You all are so helpful, so thanks again.

mickeywave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!   [solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[solved]I lost all of my work to maintenance!
Page 1 of 1