SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

[solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 770013

[solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking! Empty
PostSubject: [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking!   [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 3:52 am

hello2 Guys!  I was playing my game these past (2) nites, Same Family, and for some strange reason, the Bath Tubs and Showers in all (3) of my Bathrooms are constantly breaking down.  Water is always over the floor after any of my Simmies uses them.  groan 

I've changed the location of the Tubs/Showers, in same room and they still have water all over the floor.  Do I need to change my Bathroom to a diff location on the floor all together, or is there some sort of Cheat Code I can use to avoid the water flowing all over the floor?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 679097

PostSubject: Bathtub and/or Shower   [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20, 2013 9:14 pm

mickeywave  Hi BBdoll,

Are you using a bathtub/shower combination or is it separate showers and tubs?

Have you clicked on the shower and/or tub or the combination shower/bathtub to see if a "repair" option comes up? If so, then you can call the repairman/woman to come and fix it or one of your Sims (teen, young aduld, adult or elder) can fix it. The more mechanical skills they have the faster they will fix it. You will see a gauge appear above the head of the Sim doing the repairing and when it reaches the top, then the shower and/or bathtub is fixed. (Same as for toilets being unclogged and sinks being fixed, etc.) If the Sim has a very few mechanical skill points, then you may have to click on the repair options several times as they will stop (and leave the shower/bathtub un-repaired) before they finish the repair job.

If you are having your Sim take showers, then the Sims whose personalities are very low on the sloppy/neat personality scale will always leave a puddle. (I think that occurs with none, one or two points on the scale.) For example, Matthew Picaso has very few points on the scale and when he takes a shower he always leaves a puddle, so I usually have him take a bath, instead.

Sometimes there's just a glitch in the objects. Then I just delete them and replace them and that usually works.

I hope that gives you some ideas. From your description, it seems like it might be that you have "sloppy" sims (who also complain about cleaning anything or making beds, etc) taking showers. It took me a while to figure out this problem with Matthew Picaso. Because I'd see the puddle but the shower wasn't broken and I'm thinking 'Now, where did that puddle come from?'. Finally I put 2 and 2 together and had Matthew take baths rather than showers and the puddles stopped appearing. (This happens with "sloppy" children, teens, young adults or college students, adults and elders.)

Good luck figuring out the problem. Let me know how it goes.

Lilly flower 
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking!   [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:09 pm

hello2 !  I just saw your reply to this one way back when.  Did not see any response to it and I forgot all about my issue.  Well to answer your question about the repair, Yeah, I click on to do the repair and all, but this happens every time my sims take a shower/bathe.  Water comes rolling out all over the floor.  I have moved my tubs/showers, and even move to a diff location in the room and sometimes it clears it and others it doesn't.  I happens with either, (tub/shower/combos).  Does not matter which one I use.

You wrote:
If you are having your Sim take showers, then the Sims whose personalities are very low on the sloppy/neat personality scale will always leave a puddle. (I think that occurs with none, one or two points on the scale.) For example, Matthew Picaso has very few points on the scale and when he takes a shower he always leaves a puddle, so I usually have him take a bath, instead.

You know what, I think it is him that I'm playing at the time also, but there are a couple others that I'm having the same thing happen.  This is good to know, Lilly.  tnx4sharing   I did not know that.  I will be more observant next time, and check their scales.  I try not to get the sloppy ones, but guess I do have a few out there.

Yeah, I've deleted them and replaced as well.  I get tired of having my sims clean all of the time.  
Appreciate the feedback.   mickeywave Oh, and I gave you a Rep for the good feedback. It's something I never even thought about. goodpost 
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 679097

PostSubject: Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking   [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:34 pm

mickeywave Thanks for the rep, BBdoll.  
       That makes an even 200.  :woo:Hoo!  extrahappy 

If you want to know if you have a "Messy" or sloppy Sim (that is, a slob) rather than a Neat Sim, then watch when they take bath (no water on the floor) versus a shower (water puddle on floor).

Do you have the expansion pack that put Matthew and Jessica Picaso in the Sim bin (forget which one, but it might be Free Time since I first remember playing with them in Desiderata Valley)?  Matthew is a "Messy" or sloppy Sim. Every time he takes a shower he leaves a puddle, so I usually direct him to take a bath.  Also, if I catch the "Messy" or Sloppy Sim in the act, then I make them clean up their own puddles.  lol1 If you don't have Matthew and Jessica Picaso in your game, then I'd be happy to check and let you know what his personality or zodiac sign is.  

Oh, Messy or Sloppy Sims also don't like to make beds or clean. In fact, they complain when directed to so.  It's kind of funny.  giggle 

Happy Simming!

Lilly  flower
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking!   [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27, 2013 1:21 am

lol1  Ok, I'll do that, and yes, I have them. In fact I have them in two hoods. Strange huh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking!   [solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[solved]Bath Tub and/or Shower Breaking!
Page 1 of 1