We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!
News & Reminders
We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden!
Facebook

Share | 

Phone Not Working!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 425163

PostSubject: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:41 am

I've noticed in this one house that I remodled a while back is still having issues with the phone.  Seems like my sims as using the phone before, but now they only pick it up to make a call but stop and replace the handset.   groan 

Before, I would remove all of the phones and then replace them and it would work.  Now it's not working.  Any ideas what could be causing this?

Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 271315

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 10:55 am

hi BBdoll!
I think I am having that problem in my Strangetown with Johnny and Ophelia. I tell them to call a service or something and they pick up the phone and then put in back on the handset.

#1frnd People always call me Sweet ----0 star2
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 361421

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:10 am

BB the first thing to try is deleting the cache files, of course. If that's not helping, the problem is one of two things: either there is bad cc causing the lot to glitch, or the lot itself is corrupted. Usually it is the first problem and not the latter, so the solution is simple.Move your sim family out and back in, leaving all objects behind in the lot to sell and see if that straightens it out. If in doing that the problem still exists, then your lot itself is corrupt and there is nothing you can do but delete the lot and start over.

goodluck 
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:18 am

Hello Sun!  Yeah, in this lot that I've remolded, seems like I'm always having issues with the phone.  No so much in other houses.  Maybe once in a while, but this house always has them.  To resolve it, I usually remove all of the phones and then put them back and it works.

I've even tried logging out and going to a friend and have them call and talk. Then go back into the lot and they still have the problem.  Last nite (well, this morning) before I went to bed, I ran my System Mechanics, and restarted my game this morning to see if that would help.  Have not logged on yet, but I'll let you know.

In the meantime, why don't you try this:

1. Removing all phones, then replace (1), and try to call out.

2. Switch the style of phone your sim is using and place in a different spot, and try calling out.

3. Make sure your Sim has not left the 'handset' laying around on the floor somewhere.  Hang up and try calling out.

These remedies have helped me in the past.

Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:27 am

Good Morning Ms Cinda!  mickeywave  How are you today, hunni?  I've been thinking bout you sweetheart, praying all is good with you.

You must've been posting the same time I was.  I just read your message.  I've already done the first suggestion. I do that always now, so guess I gotta do the other one.  I was thinking that I should move them out.  Was gonna move one out then back in, but I've done that before and I lost my connection with the other sim when I moved back in.  So I'll have to move them out like you say.

I hate I'll be losing 'All' my Stuff I have,  bangdesk  but I have to do it I guess.  I'll take a pic of the room with my phone so I can remember how things were set up.  That's a lot of work, cause they have tons of stuff.  I'll take a pic of the house so you can see what it looks like.  I gave my friend the lot and she said she has the same issue.  She's never been able to use her phone.   unhappydance

Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Lot just may be corrupted, as I use these phones all of the time.

I just moved out my Jefferson family, and it worked, Cinda.  The phone was the first thing I put back into the house and he called to hire a Maid.

Not sure what was the problem, but it's working now.  Thanks, Cinda.

Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:52 pm

If moving your sim family out and back in worked, your lot is not corrupt, it was bad or conflicting cc causing the glitch.

yay 
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Okay. Appreciate the info. I'll remember that next time. Oh tell me, if there's a conflict, is there is there an easier way to find which one is conflicting - so we don't have to remove everything each time?

Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:07 pm

Not really for that glitch... it was always a common glitch with the Sims 2. Nobody knows for sure why a lot glitches; could be bad or conflicting cc "hanging up" a lot. All we know is that moving the family out and back in fixes the glitch.
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:19 pm

That's strange.  Now that you mention it, I have had issues at times, when I want to "silence" my phone, then go back to turn it on or give another command, I can't call out.  That's when I start moving it around, or removing all of them and then sticking them back in.  So I don't do the silence command too offend.  I just don't put the phones in the br's anymore, to avoid my sims waking up when it's ringing.

Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:24 pm

Quote :
I just don't put the phones in the br's anymore, to avoid my sims waking up when it's ringing.

rolling lol  That's a very good idea unless you like to see your sims throw temper tantrums!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phone Not Working!!   

Back to top Go down

Phone Not Working!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmer's Garden :: The Sims 2 :: The Sims 2 Topics & Tools :: The Sims 2 Technical Help-
Jump to: