SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 773313

Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers! Empty
PostSubject: Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers!   Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 8:13 pm

unhappydance   Oh My Gosh!  What's this mean for our Sims2?  groan   My computer is a Windows 7 - Studio XPS.  I went to the website to see what they were talking about for upgrade to Windows 8 and 8.1.  I loaded the  Upgrade Assistance and if I were to upgrade to Windows 8 or 8.1, none of my sims2 games are compatible.

Says I may need to install an app to play DVDs in Windows 8.1.

1. Says my PC's firmware doesn't support Secure Boot so I won't b able to use it in Windows 8.1.

2. Says if it's possible, I need to change my screen resolution to at least 1366 x 768 to snap apps.

3. My Dell Stage or Dell Stage Remote is not compatible.

4. None of my SP's or EP's are compatible.

5. There is an update for my AMD Fusion Media Explorer.

6. Have to re-install ATI Catalyst Control Center and Manager.

7. Internet Explorer, update available.

8. iTunes - Telling me to Remove authorized PCs.

9. PDFCreator - Have to re-install in Windows 8.1.

10. Yahoo Software has an update.

This is just a big Old Mess!!!!  groan

I guess for my games - what would I need to do?  Un-install them and re-install them?  Any suggestions?  I just may be okay, not really sure.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 709571

PostSubject: Re: Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers!   Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 08, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi BB all it means is that they are no longer supplying support for XP, meaning that you can no longer get technical support for it on the Window site. That doesn't apply to Windows 7, and they will continue to update and offer technical support for it, and it won't affect the XP mode for Windows 7, so it won't affect your ability to play the Sims games or receive technical support, as it only applies to computers with XP operating systems.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 773313

PostSubject: Re: Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers!   Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 1:52 am

Double cool and thanks Cinda for the info. I usually don't use my husband's XP anymore, but once in awhile I get on to run some maintenance. Sounds about like when TS2 was no longer gonna be around. sad 

My daughter had to get a new comp and it has Window's 8. She said she was having issues installing it. I told her she may have to select something that asks her to make compatible to XP. She said she saw that, but wasn't sure if that's what it meant. I guess it has worked for her, cause she never called me back.

thankyou   
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers!   Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last Day for Support on Windows XP Computers!
Page 1 of 1