We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!
News & Reminders
We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden!
Facebook

Share | 

How many downloads do you have at this moment?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: How many downloads do you have at this moment?   Wed May 09, 2012 12:15 pm

At this moment, I have a grand total of 837 mb of custom content.

-- 115 mb is really custom content created by the maxoids at the official exchange.
-- 48.7 mb is really custom content either created by me or someone else. This folder is designated as "player-made custom content".
-- 673 mb is really a set of medieval custom content. I've been very busy lately downloading an insane amount of custom content. First, I downloaded lots at the medieval smithy and extracted the CC that came with them. Then, I went to Parsimonious, Tarox, and All-About-Style and downloaded their nice medieval-fashioned clothes. Download some neighborhood objects and storytelling mods, and I'm ready to go!

I can't wait to begin my new medieval neighborhood soon! It's not really for a challenge that I'm playing it. I actually want to build a medieval neighborhood very similar to how EA has built the pre-made neighborhoods. You know how EA has made each family bear a cover picture in the neighborhood story and the family story? Well, that's exactly what I'm doing in my medieval 'hood, and what's more, I'm also going to design the Family bios and Sim bios. Perhaps someday I can upload my entire 'hood to share on this site! It may as well be a readily made "medieval neighborhood" set-up. Smile I just need to divide my enormously large medieval downloads subfolder into smaller parts, so I can upload them to Mediafire and share them via that medium.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many downloads do you have at this moment?   Wed May 09, 2012 12:30 pm

That sounds great. I really want to see your neighborhood and covers when you get them done. I remember I tried to make a neighborhood like that, but I didn't ever finish it. With the sims I always get in the mood to write, and so my towns end up filled with ugly set lots, haha. But please keep posted with bits every now and then if you can.

I'm not sure how to check my amount of custom content, but I have a bit, but not nearly as much as I had back in the day. I don't have very much custom furniture items. Most of my custom stuff in buy mode are hacks. Mostly I have hairstyles and accessories. I used to have so many different eyes and makeup options, but now I just have sets of stuff I downloaded from modthesims. Like I only have one set of lipsticks, eyeshadows, and blushes. I have three different sets of eyeliners, but I only use one of them. And I have about four different sets of eyes, but I usually only use one set, and sometimes one of the others, but only with my second set of skins, while the first set, like the eyes, have been used together for years since I love them so much. Most of my sim clothes are just donation packs from lianasims, with exceptions like my un-tuckable shirts and jeans, and the school uniforms I downloaded.

Surprisingly over the years I have reduced the amount of custom content I use. I think it helps when I stopped downloading every pretty sim and object lot from the TS2 site Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many downloads do you have at this moment?   Fri May 11, 2012 9:49 am

Me... I have a little over 6 gigs (6.15 to be exact) of custom content that either i or other simmers have created just in my downloads folder, 288 mb in my lots catalog, and27.5 mb in my sc4 terrain folder

I also have about a gig's worth of custom sims in my saved sims folder

@ tai: to see how much custom content that you have open your EA. games folder located in My documents, right click or mouse over on your downloads folder (if you mouse over it'll tell you how much space it takes up) highlight and left click on properties and it'll tell you how much space it takes up and how many files/folders you have.

Hope that helps, and Happy Simming ^_^

Ka'ge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many downloads do you have at this moment?   

Back to top Go down

How many downloads do you have at this moment?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmer's Garden :: The Sims 2 :: The Sims 2 Topics & Tools :: The Sims 2 Discussions-
Jump to: