SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Getting into Private School

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 682397

Getting into Private School Empty
PostSubject: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 11:39 pm

For BBdoll and anyone else interested in getting Sim children and teens into private school.

Getting into Private school

Advantages

1. Skill Increases (can do homework faster)
2. Decrease in schools effect on needs (Fun, Hygiene & Social decrease less) and comfort is actually replenished (bladder & energy are remain the same)
3. Students automatically put on uniforms to dress for school

Requirements for Getting into Private School
1. At least, one chld in the house (lot) MUST have a grade of C or better
2. Headmaster MUST be invited for a dinner party and be sufficiently impressed

NOTES:
*Any child, teen, adult or elder Sim can summon headmaster using the "Invite Headmaster" interaction on the telephone.
*If call is placed BEFORE 5 pm, then the headmaster will arrive that day at 5 pm; If call is place AFTER 5 pm, then the headmaster will arrive the next day at 5 pm.
*Headmaster MUST be greeted by 6 pm (within one hour) OR, s/he will leave.

Greeting Headmaster Starts the Scenario

*Winning Score = 100 Points

*Household Sims have 6 hours to impress the headmaster
[About 5 minutes of actual playing time]

*Maximum Score = 40 points for each category
1) Serve Good Food (maximum score = 40)
2) Give Tour (maximum score = 40)
3) Schmooze (maximum score = 40)
Schmooze = talking to headmaster to build relationship points

*Bonus Score = 10 points for each category
1) Get in hot tub (maximum score = 10)
2) Drink coffee (maximum score = 10)
3) Have drinks from the bar (maximum score = 10)

NOTE: Each category can be scored only once. Bonus scoring relates to things that the headmaster does; whereas, the regular scoring relates to things that your Sims are doing. If any of your Sims do a bonus score interaction, then the headmaster should do the same UNLESS he is doing something else (such as eating or on a tour or stuck in the hot tub Laughing ).

Winning the Scenario

*When 100 points are gained (by any combination), then the scenario ends and the headmaster informs the family that their school age children are accepted into private school. (Toddler, Infants and any future NooBoos do not automatically get into private school when they age transition to school age child. You must do this scenario, again.)

*Any student with a C or better grade will go to private school, the next school day.

*Winning = Getting 100 points out of a possible 150 points

*If time runs out before you reach 100 points, then the headmaster snootily informs the family they don't make the cut (or their school age children don't get into private school) and s/he leaves.

*You may invite the headmaster back the next day and try again if the headmaster rejects the family's school age children for private school.

NOTE: It helps to buy some objects just for the headmaster scenario such as hot tubs, art objects, expresso machine, etc. If you delete (or return) the objects before midnight of the day you purchased them, the you get a full refund of the purchase price. I've found that it is wise to go through the meal and tour before bringing out the hot tub (to avoid the headmaster staying in the tub and ignoring the Sims in the household).

Scoring

1) Serve Good Food

*Meal should be prepared by Sim with Cooking skill of 5 or higher (the higher the chef's cooking skills, the more points the meal will earn)
*Meals in Order of Scoring Potential:

Level 5: Pork Chops
Level 6: Salmon, Turkey and Layer Cake (dessert)
Level 7: Grilled Ribs
Level 8: Baked Alaska (dessert)
Level 10: Lobster Thermidor

*Ruined meals (i.e. burnt) will not score well (regardless of Chef's skill level)

NOTE: Leave time for a mishap so Sim can start over; I usually start the Sim cooking about 4:30 pm so meal is ready shortly after headmaster arrives. I usually have my Chef Sim have at least 7 or 8 cooking points and have them make Salmon which they haven't burned. Also, food can be make the day before, check off the interaction before the Chef Sim serves the food which will leave the "serve" interaction still available and then bring out cooked food and serve when headmaster is there (I think this the "leftovers" for food comes with the Seasons EP, so you will need that EP to cook the food ahead, save and then serve later.)

*When food is ready to serve, click on headmaster and choose "ENTERTAIN"
Then select "CALL FOR DINNER" This tells the headmaster to have a serving
of the prepared food and results in a final food score. (It doesn't work if
you click on the food and "call guests" to the table interaction to eat. The
headmaster ignores this interaction.)

2) Give Tour

*Score = based on environment score in each room (includes outside)

NOTE: BEFORE headmaster arrives make sure each room is clean and add art objects (inside) and statues, etc (outside). The higher the environemtal score the better. I have a Sim (not a toddler) walk into all the rooms before the headmaster comes to check the environment score. I try for ,at least, 80 to 90% green. If it isn't, then I add object until it is. (Often I delete these added objects later.) I also make a note of the rooms that have the highest scores and take the headmaster there first. Don't show the headmaster the kitchen or dining room where's he's eaten if he eats first because he'll just say "I've already seen this room," or something like that.

*To start tour: Click on Headmaster and choose "ENTERTAIN," then
select "GIVE TOUR"
NOTE: Make sure Sim giving tour has fairly high energy level
I choose a Sim who has either had the day off or stayed
home from work (called in sick Laughing )
*To GIVE TOUR, direct Sim giving tour to highest environment score room,
first, Then, click on Headmaster and select "SHOW ROOM"
*Headmaster gives score which is added to tour points. Then, move to more
high environment rooms and repeat process.
*End Tour AFTER all rooms and outside spaces have been shown.
To end tour, click on headmaster and select "END TOUR"

NOTES:
Indoors: Position tour leader near light fixtures
(light boosts environment score)
Outdoors: Take headmaster to places where environment score is
high such as near trees, statutes, flowerbeds,
outdoor lights, etc

3) Schmoozing (Hardest score for me to get so usually do other two first which means I've already built some of these points by greeting and talking to headmaster, eating at the table, etc.)

*Schmooze = have Sims "chat up" or talk to headmaster
*Engage in a fun group activity or use fun group object
*The more "Daily Relationship" points the headmaster gets with household
Sims, the better the Schmooze score.
*This score reflects the family's ability to socially interact with the headmaster

NOTE: Anytime any family Sim raised the headmaster's "Daily Interaction" score, points are awarded to the Schmooze score. Hence, I like to have the entire family gather around the table and eat together (which means they are also talking together and raising the "Daily Interaction" score). Following this scenario, I seldom need to resort to bonus scoring any more, but I do have objects ready to go--just in case.

Hope that is helpful to you, BBdoll as well as to anyone else who may also be interested. Good luck getting your school age Sims into private school!

Lilly Smile

Edit: Sorry for the Bold and non-bold not being exactly the way that I wanted. I tried to change it but was unable to do it in the edit mode. Also some of the spacing is not as I intended. I had columns for the Level Food Dessert chart but it didn't come out that way.

Last edited by Lilly LeClaire on Sun May 13, 2012 10:56 am; edited 8 times in total (Reason for editing : Changing some of the bold words & some spacing)
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 709571

PostSubject: Re: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 5:06 am

Very helpful, Lilly. Have a rep! About the problem you had in your post- you have the bold symbols backwards; it should be [b] then the slash part comes after the text. The easiest way is to highlight your text and click on the 'B' button and it will do it automatically. And if you want your text in columns or to be centered, highlight the text and use the buttons on top that say 'Left'(text align left) and 'Center'(text align center). Hope that helps you a little.
flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 8:31 am

Thank You, CindaLove. I'm always learning new things. And, here's more information to add to my notebooks and use in future posts. Thanks, again. Lilly Smile
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 773313

PostSubject: Re: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 3:12 am

Thanks so much Lilly! bounce I gave you a Rep for all of your documentation. This will help me a lot. Appreciate you taking the time to post all of this. I'll keep you posted! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 11:58 am

You're welcome, BBdoll. Lilly Smile
Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 619465

PostSubject: Re: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:36 pm

very helpful indeed! i never succeeeded in the child getting into private school but, maybe this would help! Thanks
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:12 pm

I hope it does Sunflowergal. It works for me. Before I started using this, it was a toss of the coin as to whether or not my Sim children got into private school. Now, with a bit of planning, they get in. Forturne Sim parents are the ones who usually roll the want to get their children into private school. Laughing I would think that Knowledge Sim parents would prefer this but I understand why it's Fortune Sims. Good luck getting your Sim children to get into private school, when you want them to get in. Lilly Smile
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:59 am

To CindaLove, I used your suggestions on my blog ("Lilly Sim News") and then came back here and went back and forth until I liked the result. I wasn't able to get my food chart exactly as I wanted it but I'm happy with the results. Thanks, again. The way you do it, is so easy, once I know how. Laughing Lilly Smile
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 709571

PostSubject: Re: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:17 am

Your welcome, Lilly. Also, using the A/A button (the editor mode, the last button above when posting) is very helpful when writing stories, (Tasia told me this helps her a lot) so you can see what you're doing without having to hit the Preview button. If you ever have questions about anything, don't hesitate to ask - I'm here to help!
:cherry: flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:08 pm

Good to know, CindaLove. As far as I'm concerned, the more informatin, the better. Thanks for sharing. Lilly Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting into Private School   Getting into Private School I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting into Private School
Page 1 of 1