SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Using Sounds on Videos!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 773313

Using Sounds on Videos! Empty
PostSubject: Using Sounds on Videos!   Using Sounds on Videos! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 4:46 pm

hello2  Cinda!  So glad you are still logged on, as I have a quick question about adding songs to my videos.  I just completed another Video, and had loaded it on YouTude... Then got to thinking, "Oh My Gosh",,, buggout  I'd better yank this off real quick and ask Cinda about this.

I have added a song (parts of it) from a song that came from my Empire Soundtrack, written and song by, Ms Jennifer Hudson.... After quick thinking about it, I thought omg,,, I'm gonna get sued cause I didn't have permission to use her song on my video.  buggout  Now my question is,  "Can I use PARTS of a song, from a CD to put on my videos "IF" I show credits to the Artists or Group who makes them?"  (See my example below)

Can I add this to my video at the end maybe?
(CREDITS
Song - Whatever Makes You Happy, by Jennifer
Hudson & Juicy J - on the "Empire" Original
Soundtrack from Season 1
)

If not, I will redo it.  Any suggestion what songs I can add if this is not a good choice?

Thanks in advance... scaredy
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 709571

PostSubject: Re: Using Sounds on Videos!   Using Sounds on Videos! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 5:27 pm

YouTube is chock full of videos that have music as background, so obviously nobody ever gets sued for it, and most artists just won't bother with suing peeps for having their music as background music. It's the pirating or redistribution of music files that they won't tolerate and do prosecute over. YouTube covers their bases however, by stating that some material may be copyrighted and protected by law and that you use at your own risk. The only artist to ever forbid any use of their music in homemade videos is Prince, who always makes YouTube remove his music from them and replace them with uncopyrighted music. Check it out - you'll be amazed!
I, as well as other simmers have successfully used music for their videos without any problems or worries. So have fun!

extrahappy
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 773313

PostSubject: Re: Using Sounds on Videos!   Using Sounds on Videos! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 6:16 pm

cool   Thanks so much hun for getting back to me on this one.  I was flipping out after i thought about it.  buggout   scratch  rolling lol   Yeah, that's where I'm at now looking thru all of the music and stuff.  Great Tuts on how to do this stuff on there.  Thanks again.. friends   Now I feel more comfy.   I'm having a blast with this Video stuff.   I am really impressed with the Crossfade.  That's awesome and I'll be using that one for sure. yay pillowfight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using Sounds on Videos!   Using Sounds on Videos! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using Sounds on Videos!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
SG Tester 2 :: The Sims 4 :: The Sims 4 Topics & Tools :: Sims 4 Discussions-
Jump to: