We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!
News & Reminders
We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden!
Facebook

Share | 

Where is Everyone?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Where is Everyone?    Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:16 pm

I feel like lately things have been really quiet around here :(
Why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:23 pm

I noticed that yesterday and I thought it was kind of weird, it seems like less people have been posting the last few days.

Creepy, right?
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 358271

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:31 pm

Well, there's probably more folks going on vacation since graduation is over. At times it does get little quiet around here; happens all the time. It just means others are busy doing different things.

flower2
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Simmer's Garden
Admin

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 461371

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:35 pm

yes Cindalove is right. the site does go quiet from time to time but then it will be become quite active. i guess people have so much real life stuff to do :)it will soon pick up again though
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:45 pm

I understand that people have other things that they do Smile
It's just I've gotten kind of paranoid about things like this, since every other site I've been on, once it becomes quiet like this, it never returns :( So I was just worried.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Well surely we can keep it active as long as some members are dedicated. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 331097

PostSubject: Where is Everyone?   Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:46 pm

I agree with CindaLove and Neff. It's probably vacation time (I've seen posts by a couple Simmers about being gone for a month or so) and people just being busy. Or, they have issues with their computers which also happens and they are busy trying to fix them (like I did recently when I downloaded some CC that causing my game to stop working--couldn't upload any lots). And, the site does seem to go in streaks, very busy for a while and not so and then busy again.

So, for those of us still here mickeywave , we'll just keep having fun pillowfight . Lilly flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:54 pm

You're computer got weird after downloading CC?

Usually bad stuff like that happens when you download a mod.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend

Female

PostSubject: Where is Everyone?   Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:00 pm

I think that you are correct, TheMysticalPip, and that I downloaded a mod along with the CC. I suspect the mailbox. It was actually a house which came with CC in it. And, there were dozens of things. I just deleted everything I loaded before my TS2 game stopped working--all of it came with that one download. And, fortunately that fixed the problem. I could have gone through all that CC piece by piece but decided not to since I wanted to get back to playing my game. Lilly flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Sometimes when people upload lots they forget to go into clean installer and delete any mods that might be tagging along with the download.

I've noticed that the only mod that's ever really wrecked my game was inteenimater.
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:19 pm

I have problems with the mail box too, i downloaded a lot from mod the sims i used the clean installer and it just showed up as an object recolour so i didn't think too much of it until i played my game and the mail box recolour started to make my game go bad, if i was playing an apartment the original apartment mail box was replaced by a normal mail box it really did interfere with my game i tried cleaning it out but no matter what i did to try and rid of it it was still there so i had to delete all my cc and start over from scratch. it's quite annoying so now i back up my downloads folder before downloading any kind of lot just in case i have that problem again. flower
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:22 pm

That's a good idea, usually I'm able to find it in the folder and delete it, but if it's a lot it's not quite that easy.
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:55 pm

That's quite true pip, these recolours had so many files and where all just numbers usually you can find it by looking for the name of the recolour.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend

Female

PostSubject: Where is Everyone?   Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:21 pm

I used Clean Installer to install and thought I had deleted all mods/hacks, etc. but must have still ended up with one. sad

This is my second game (re-installed) since I did some very bad things (VBTs) without realizing it and really messed up the game. :o I got the same mailbox thing that you did Neff (not sure if it's a mod or hack) but it messed up my mailboxes just the way yours were and I was upset since one of the neat things about apartments is having the mailbox be different, so that, they pay rent rather than the bills that the Sims who own the houses pay. No matter what I did (granted I didn't know as much about the game, then) I couldn't fix the problem. I'm more careful about what I down load now and do only a few things at a time which is what helped me this time since I knew the date I downloaded the problem CC. Because of my first mistakes, now I never download a house with Sims in it or move a house with Sims in it to another neighborhood via the house and lots bin or delete Sims in the Sim bin. I've read that you can only get rid of them safely by "killing" them off or having them die. scratch Thanks EA! I've read that doing these things leaves stray bits of files in the game which causes the game to crash temporarily and eventually, it will crash permanently which is what happened to my game.

So, I try to be as cautious as I can and this game is playing much better. I haven't once gotten the "this application will terminate" message. dancer I look at the first game as live and learn and try not to mess up this installation of my game. rolling lol

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:55 pm

That's very true Lilly never ever move sims to another hood or download family's in a lot it is really bad for your game and yes to get rid of sims you no longer want you must kill them off otherwise your left with loads of useless files but those files are the ones that will kill your game if thing's are not done properly.
Back to top Go down
Pierre1

Male

Scorpio Posts : 573
Simoleons : 319793

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:26 am

and i would also say that sometime its important to check as certain lots or sims family may have certain mods or hack listed in red that you do not nessecrely went and during the summer sites can become quiet.

Please note that until i get my new computer and have install my sims3 game i will not be taking any request until i have my new computer and have everything set up and my game install thank you for your patiance
Back to top Go down
http://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Simmer's Garden
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:48 am

yes i always un check anything in red not worth the risk Smile yes summertime is the time for being outdoors or on holiday's and day's out Smile
Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 268165

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:51 pm

well i've been away, busy and other things. but i do try to go on alot.

#1frnd People always call me Sweet ----0 star2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where is Everyone?    

Back to top Go down

Where is Everyone?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmer's Garden :: Other Discussions :: Off-Topic & Other Discussions :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: