We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeSearchFAQLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!
News & Reminders
We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden!
Facebook

Share | 

Thumbnail Overload!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 413163

PostSubject: Thumbnail Overload!   Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:05 pm

mickeywave Question, can someone tell me if it's okay to 'Delete', all of the many Thumbnails that are now in my pictures? I'm trying to clean out the Snapshots/Screenprints, and see there are tons of these things called Thumbnails. unhappydance Why they are created when we take screenshots, I'm not sure. Please explain.

I want to get rid of clutter and stuff I don't need, but if I need to keep them I thought this would be the best place to get the answer.

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thumbnail Overload!   Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:35 am

Well here you have the story creator. In the beginning mode all of the pictures are set to thumbnails. So the images you see are actually those captured as thumbnails, which are much smaller than snapshots, and don't change sizes depending on what size of snapshot you take. If you edit the snapshot and don't save over the thumbnail as well, in this view the thumbnail will look the same as the original.

When uploading to the exchange there are two ways it could be read. In the standard album mode you view the big snapshot image with the text below, and go forward and backwards with the arrow.

When being viewed in blog mode, which is the least popular of the two, you view the thumbnails. And again if when you edited a snapshot you didn't save it over the thumbnail as well, it will stay the same. When you take an image it saves both for the way that the program worked for the story creation program in the game.

So if you delete them, I believe it will just give you empty thumbnail images, but as long as you have the snapshots, they will turn out in the in-game story creator. Of course if you are only uploading your images here or anywhere else on the internet, the thumbnails really aren't too important. Their just tiny previews of your pictures so that they took up less space to organize them.

I hope that helped Smile
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 349421

PostSubject: Re: Thumbnail Overload!   Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:40 am

BBdoll, do you mean the thumbnails in the Storytelling folder? It's fine if you delete them, it wont' hurt anything; I do it all the time with no problems. I have no idea why they put those in there - it's kind of annoying.
flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
BBdoll3
Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Thumbnail Overload!   Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Thanks so much for the detail taij. cool Now I understand that part of it. Thanks to you as well Cinda.

Back to top Go down
DaisyRaggs
Superstar
Superstar

Female

Pisces Posts : 663
Simoleons : 311112

PostSubject: Thumbnails   Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:39 am

toyou BBdoll, after I upload the pictures I need for my story to Photobucket, I delete both the photos and thumbnails in my Sims2 Storytelling folder.

Admin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Thumbnail Overload!   Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:12 am

Great, thankyou This is what I needed to know. All good info and answers my questions.. thanx

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thumbnail Overload!   

Back to top Go down

Thumbnail Overload!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Simmer's Garden :: The Sims 2 :: The Sims 2 Topics & Tools :: The Sims 2 Discussions-
Jump to: