SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Building Themes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 809371

Building Themes Empty
PostSubject: Building Themes   Building Themes I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 5:58 pm

I am going to start building for the sims 2 again but i want to have some kind of theme. for example gothic ect any ideas ? i was going to start out with a gothic theme and do different builds but im not sure what to start out with. any ideas?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
Anonymous

Building Themes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Themes   Building Themes I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 7:51 pm

I'm diggin on the Gothic theme!!
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 679097

Building Themes Empty
PostSubject: Building Themes   Building Themes I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:59 pm

mickeywave Let's see there's Victorian or Medieval or a space or futuristic theme or an alien neighborhood. You could use a theme which goes by a decade as in the 1920s or 1940s or 1960s. I think that DaisyRaggs has some excellent resources for some of these themes. I know she does research for her stories. Let's see you could have a desert theme with cactus, etc or maybe set in an all winter place. Or, maybe a rainforest type of neighborhood or a beach community.

I once made a custom neighborhood that I called Doubletree Canyon with an attached Uni sub-hood I called Doubletree University. In the neighborhood view, I place trees in two i.e. double trees such as two oaks or bunches of them and that would be Double Oak Drive. Then, in all the lots I placed or made, all trees would have a match or be double. I topped it off by making all families with twins. I didn't know about cheesecake twins then, or I would not have had to use what I did to get twin NooBoos for each birth. (Aging off as soon as NooBoo number 1 is born and then get Sim pregnant as soon as possible and have NooBoo number 2. Technically they aren't twins; however, they were the same age, so as far as I was concerned, they were twins. lafflol )

I had a French/Polynesian neighborhood called Tahiti Island. I did research on French and Polynesian names (i.e. Hawaiian names). The Uni sub-hood had a Hawaiian name which meant "The Seeker" and the dorms, Uni buildings streets, etc all had French or Polynesian names both surnames and first names. So, did the Sims I created. I started with 6 couples in small beach homes and played from there.

I made a custom neighborhood called Kaiman Island where it was summer all year long (even after Seasons) and put families of different ethnicity into the neighborhood. I did name research for this. I had an Irish family, a Japaneses family, a Scottish family, an English family, a French family, a Spanish family, a Chinese family, a Swiss family, a Russian family, an Indian family, African families etc. It was fun. I called my Irish family McInnis (since Innis meant Island) and had a Shamus and Bridget. They had one daughter, Colleen. A friend's 10 year old had to tell me that she thought Shamus was a stupid name for a male Sim. I just smiled and told her what it meant and that the family was Irish but she wasn't impressed. No

I also made Alpha Village where everything started with the letter "A." That would be Sims names (first and last), street names, community lot names, etc. I don't know what I was thinking when I did that giggle but I didn't run out of "A" names especially since I used names and their derivatives such as Abigail, Abby, Abbey, or Abraham, Abe, Abram, etc. And, you can get creative with names like Anne such as Anne Marie, Anne Maria, Anne Catherine, Anne Clarice, or Adam John, Adam Blaine, Adam Ryan, Adam Matthew, etc. I think that the letter "M" might also work this way. But, I'm staying away from Q and X.

So, just a few ideas toyou . I hope that gets your creative juices flowing and if you don't use any of these, then maybe it will spark something in your mind that you'd like to use.

Have fun! Lilly flower

Back to top Go down
katee752
Rising Star
Rising Star
katee752

Female

Pisces Posts : 296
Simoleons : 672056

Building Themes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Themes   Building Themes I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 pm

Gothic Victorians.
I really love Victorian houses Razz
I plan on having my Cloud family in one in the next few generations and then that'll be the legacy house Smile
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 809371

Building Themes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Themes   Building Themes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:41 am

WOW! Lilly those are some amazing ideas and katee yes i was wondering about victorians too but i think i will for sure still do a gothic theme. i would love to build up a whole new hood on a certain theme then try and upload it so it people can download it but i think that would be too much lol. but thanx for the ideas guy's i now know what to do so have a rep point each Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 679097

Building Themes Empty
PostSubject: Building Themes   Building Themes I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:16 pm

You're welcome, Neff.

Glad you got your creative juices flowing. And, thanks for the rep point. thankyou

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

Building Themes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Themes   Building Themes I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 3:37 am

well as every body knows, I'm a huge fan of Asian themes, and also a really huge fan of post apocalyptic stuff as well, just my 2 cents worth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Building Themes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building Themes   Building Themes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Building Themes
Page 1 of 1