Simmer's Garden
As a guest you may not be allowed in to certain areas of the forum; please sign up to be able to download from our forum.
Thank You,
SG Staff
Simmer's Garden

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Latest topics
» Important Notice
Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:21 pm by CindaLove

» Birdgurl's Sims 2 Creations [Advent Calendar - Dec. 2015]
Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:50 pm by Birdgurl

» It's been a Looong time
Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:12 am by Lilly LeClaire

» Disney Crib Bedding Collection
Sat Dec 26, 2015 11:04 am by Lilly LeClaire

» MERRY CHRISTMAS
Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:54 am by Broomhilda

» December 2015 Creation of the Month
Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:09 pm by CindaLove

» Happy Holidays to all here at Simmer's Garden
Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:35 pm by Broomhilda

» Forumotion Banner Christmas Contest
Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:00 pm by Broomhilda

» Chatbox
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:44 pm by CindaLove

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

You are not connected. Please login or register

Simmer's Garden » Other Discussions » Off-Topic & Other Discussions » Off-Topic Discussions » Just so you know

Just so you know

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:14 pm

Sunflowergal22

Superstar
Superstar
hey all,

just so you know, the government will be closing websites, if you have a certain type of Malware. just so you guys know in case your computers don't work
EDIT: i saw if i was infected, and it said no. thank goodness

Last edited by Sunflowergal22 on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added somthing)

#1frnd People always call me Sweet ----0 star2

2 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Sunflowergal22

Superstar
Superstar
Okay, thanks. I haven't heard this, but, thank you for telling us now. bounce

you're welcome, my dad heard it on the news and made me search some things. it's ok tho. hope my computer doesn't have that malware. probably not.

3 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:57 pm

CindaLove

Admin
Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday

http://www.cindassimstyle.com/

4 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Sunflowergal22

Superstar
Superstar
CindaLove wrote:Malware may knock thousands off Internet on Monday

Thanks Cindalove for the article. everyone should check this out.

5 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Thanks for the Warning!
Did they say what kind of Malware it was? and why is the Gov. all the sudden so worried about it?

Last edited by CartWheelzOfRage on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That Smiley freaked me out ^-^)

6 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:01 pm

BBdoll3

Admin
Sorry for my Ignorance, but I thought we don't want Malware? Do we?

7 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:25 pm

CindaLove

Admin
BBdoll3 wrote:Sorry for my Ignorance, but I thought we don't want Malware? Do we?
No we don't want malware - it's bad. The article states that the malware (picked up the same way virus's can be picked up) will cause computers infected with it to lose the ability to go online. So going to the site the FBI has set up to detect if the malware was unknowingly on folk's computers. I reckon the reason the FBI is stepping in is because of violation to the right to communication.

Going directly to the site they set up here will detect if your computer is infected. Just select the language and operating system and it will do the rest. So far I'm malware free!

pillowfight confetti :veryhappy: spitseeds

Last edited by CindaLove on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

8 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:26 pm

Simmer's Garden

Admin
Silly question here. im from the U.K so will this affect us here? i have seen it all over Facebook so i wasn't too sure.

https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique

9 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:35 pm

CindaLove

Admin
CartWheelzOfRage wrote:Last edited by CartWheelzOfRage on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : That Smiley freaked me out ^-^)
LOL Which smiley freaked you out?

10 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:39 pm

katee752

Rising Star
Rising Star
In Australia, we go to acma.gov.au and it says if we have the malware or not. I checked my compute and don't have it, thankfully!!

11 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:41 pm

CindaLove

Admin
nefertiti781 wrote:Silly question here. im from the U.K so will this affect us here? i have seen it all over Facebook so i wasn't too sure.
Yes I believe it will affect everyone, whoever may have unknowingly picked it up; from where I don't know. Just the fact that there are world languages to select from indicates that it's global. I noticed the one for UK English is here.

12 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:09 pm

WHAT!? The government can't do that! They have no say or rule over our personal lives! Unbelievable.

13 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:47 pm

CindaLove

Admin
tallonrk1 wrote:WHAT!? The government can't do that! They have no say or rule over our personal lives! Unbelievable.
What are you talking about? The government is trying to stop a global malicious software from knocking off everybody's internet.

14 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:48 pm

Sunflowergal22

Superstar
Superstar
CindaLove wrote:
tallonrk1 wrote:WHAT!? The government can't do that! They have no say or rule over our personal lives! Unbelievable.
What are you talking about? The government is trying to stop a global malicious software from knocking off everybody's internet.

yeah, so the government is on our side.

15 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Simmer's Garden

Admin
CindaLove wrote:
nefertiti781 wrote:Silly question here. im from the U.K so will this affect us here? i have seen it all over Facebook so i wasn't too sure.
Yes I believe it will affect everyone, whoever may have unknowingly picked it up; from where I don't know. Just the fact that there are world languages to select from indicates that it's global. I noticed the one for UK English is here.

Thank you Cinda Smile im ok too Smile :tinycross:

https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique

16 Re: Just so you know on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:24 pm

BBdoll3

Admin
Thanks Cinda!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum