SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Any Tutorial Requests?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Anonymous

Any Tutorial Requests?  Empty
PostSubject: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:44 pm

I've managed to find myself a screen recorder. I want to try it out, so I'm taking requests Smile I may not be the most helpful of people, but if there's anything you've seen me do, and you want to know how to do it, whether it's with the sims, or photo taking and editing, I can record them now, so you can watch how I do things Smile

So if there's something you'd like to see, let me know Smile

Last edited by taijohnson216 on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 709571

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Yep, this is the right place! Um, I've always wanted to learn how to take and image such a person or object, remove the background behind them and replace it with a different background, but I work so much I'm too tired and impatient to waste my energy watching a boring YouTube tutorial. Do you think you can make a tutorial for that? I would appreciate it sooo much if you could make a tutorial for that!
flower2
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Oooh, yes! That would be helpful! Smile I'm curious if you use a green screen and where you would locate the best floors/walls for such photo shoots, or maybe you could show the methods you use to remove the background. I've actually struggled with this - I've always got some fuzzy pixels left around the images that I have to painstakingly erase myself. >_<
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 5:38 pm

I tried to make one, but my computer had a bit of a hiccup, and so now I have to start over Razz
And I don't know how well I really do it, I do get some fuzzy color quite often, so I haven't perfected that :/
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 6:17 pm

I fail at my greenscreens. ._.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:16 pm

I hope this helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:35 pm

I had a whole different method. xD

I'm thinking about making plain bright colored walls for doing the greenscreen effect, but I'll try this out.

Also I think I figured out how to use printscreen! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:43 pm

Awesome Very Happy
And what was your method?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:17 pm

I'm almost done with my little project, want me to send you the walls and floors when I'm done?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:20 pm

Oh and my method was selecting by color then cutting. xD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:21 pm

Great video, Tai! I'd completely forgotten about the color select option in GIMP, which I actually prefer Photoshop selection. Thank you for reuniting us! heartpump

Oh, and Pip, I'd love those walls/floors for chroma keying - very useful for movies. ^_^ please send them my way?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:23 pm

Anything for a friend. Very Happy
If any other people want them I might just put them up for download but for now I'll just send them to people, so far I have a bright green wall and floor and blue, any other colors I should do?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:35 pm

Aww, thanks! :3 May I request a pitch black set, and a pure red set, if it's not too much trouble?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:38 pm

No trouble at all, this is rather easy, it'd be harder if I were adding like textures and not just a color.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:49 pm

Thanks! In all honesty, I have no idea how that works - I've never really made anything other than sims! >_<

Oh, and Tai, I have another request for you, if you have the time! I've noticed in your story pictures a certain glowing effect that looks like a gaussian overlay, but I am curious as to which settings (such as % transparency) you use and how else you edit your beautiful pictures! They all have this soft, ethereal quality to them while maintaining clarity, and I always feel like my pictures are a bit too sharp for my taste. Basically, could you do a tutroial on tips and tricks to picture editing?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 8:52 pm

Lovely, did you mean pure red like a really bright red?
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:08 pm

I'd like some of those walls as well Smile

And lovelys I'll have to get to that tomorrow, it's getting late my time Smile
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:13 pm

No trouble Tai! Thanks for taking it into consideration. Oh, and yes, Pip. That's correct. A really bright red. ^_^
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 9:59 pm

Finally they are finished, now to test them in game and if they look alright I'll send them to you both. Razz
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:21 pm

Thanks so much, Pip! ^_^ I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 11:49 pm

Screw it, I'm too lazy to run my sims game, I have too much content so it takes a long time, I'll just send you the download and you can tell me how it goes? xD
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 1:14 am

I would like a tutorial on Photo editing. I don't know what half the tools are for in the editing section in Photo bucket.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:58 pm

taijohnson216 wrote:

I hope this helps Smile

What's the name of the program that you used for this? I didn't see it listed.

Any Tutorial Requests?  3307562707
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:17 pm

GIMP Smile you can find it here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 pm

Oh okay. Thank you! I've used Gimp a long time ago to recolor my first (and last lol) dress. It seemed to be an easy program to use.

Any Tutorial Requests?  1219955257
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Tutorial Requests?    Any Tutorial Requests?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Tutorial Requests?
Page 1 of 1