SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

how to reset your sims 3 game

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 815371

how to reset your sims 3 game Empty
PostSubject: how to reset your sims 3 game   how to reset your sims 3 game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Making this a sticky as it is very helpful. there is no need to uninstall your sims 3 game just follow these steps.

I have seen a lot of people dealing with issues in their games & having to uninstall & reinstall... This is not necessary my friends... There is a shorter, easier route to take that will reset your "Sims 3" game folders to factory...Here are the instructions:

(This is for windows 7 users... For all others, the concept is the same, but the folders may be stored elsewhere)

Locate: Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3

Rename: "Sims 3" folder to "Sims 3 Old" (The same folder you put your mods, downloads, ect...The whole folder... Just rename it... Won't hurt a thing...)

Locate: Your "Sims 3" Launcher icon... Right click on it & start your launcher using "run as administrator"... Once the Launcher is loaded, Start the game & go all the way to the Next menu where you can start a Game... After it has completely loaded to this menu, Exit the game entirely...

Locate: Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3 old

Copy & paste your saves, mods, downloads, music, ect... to your new folders located at Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 3

Locate: Your "Sims 3" Launcher icon... Right click on it & start your launcher using "run as administrator"... Once the Launcher is loaded, you will see all your SC & CC & w/e needs to be "reinstalled" into your actual game... Moving these folders does not reinstall them, simply keeps you from having to re-download them from the purchase history on the sims3.com site...

Do not reinstall your download stuff all at once! Reinstall them in small clusters like 5 or 7 at a time! It's a hassle but far less trouble than uninstalling & reinstalling the entire game.

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
Pierre1
Pierre1

Male

Scorpio Posts : 573
Simoleons : 673793

PostSubject: Re: how to reset your sims 3 game   how to reset your sims 3 game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:24 pm

thank you for posting this neff my bfff this will be very useful
Back to top Go down
http://delightfulsims.net/index.php
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 815371

PostSubject: Re: how to reset your sims 3 game   how to reset your sims 3 game I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2012 6:28 pm

no problem pierre. i also posted this on your forum Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to reset your sims 3 game   how to reset your sims 3 game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how to reset your sims 3 game
Page 1 of 1