SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

[solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 776163

[solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! Empty
PostSubject: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:45 am

I really have some weird stuff going on in my game. I was playing my Wolfe Family, BBy Arial grew up and I tried to take a pic of the occasion, but couldn’t catch the event as I could get my camera in position. After that, when I gave my Sims commands it would just flash quickly. dancer I could not select anything.

I back out of my game, went back in, and same thing. Checked another family and same thing happening with them. Exited the game and checked and removed the Cache files, Content Registry, and the Neighborhood Manager file.

Rebooted my comp and went back into my game. This time, tried a different family I have never played lately. The mother was standing up in her bed sleeping. lol1 Gave her a command to go to kitchen but she was stuck. Used the ‘Moveobjects on’ command to get her outta the bed, and then gave her a command to get food from the Fridge. I was able to give her commands, but, she was still sleeping and eating at the same time. lol1 Had her tend to the baby, take a shower and go back to bed.

Now for the good part…. I returned to my Wolfe Family. Everything's different! The Kitchen Cabinets, Walls, Floors. There are Flag Poles all through the house, Light Poles… Just totally Off the Charts.. :afraid: Before I returned back to my game, I looked at the files I deleted and thought, maybe I should not have deleted the Content Registry, and so I restored it back. Do you think this is why my Lot is so out of Whack? :affraid:

It’s late and I don’t feel like researching right now. unhappydance
I’ll tackle this one later. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks Guys! dancer
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 712421

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:33 pm

It's sounds like some conflicting cc, or even a hack. No, deleting the content registry won't do that. When you see light poles in the places where cc lights were, that means the cc was made from that object's mesh, and now the cc has been removed from the Download folder. So is there any cc or hacks you downloaded lately? As for your sim's odd behavior, do they jump back in the spot they were in when you give them a command? Look for their aspiration: is it missing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:02 pm

Thanks Cinda. No, have not downloaded anything recently. I logged all the way out last nite (this morning) but have not gone into it yet. Will check in a min. No, the poles are all inside my house. They did not replace the ones outside.

Now is is okay to delete the content Registry? I don't recall you telling me to do that. I will check my CC's.

No, my sims don't jump back. They just continue to do what they were doing, but as far as the command issues go, I'm able to give them commands. I will ck now to see if me logging off cleared up the other issues - missing carpets, walls, and poles in my house.
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 2:10 pm

No hun, what I mean when I say that the cc is missing, I mean when peeps make cc, they often take a maxis object in the game and use it as a base to make the cc. When you place that cc they made in your lots and then remove that cc from the downloads folder, then the "original" object will be in the cc's place. Yes it's okay to delete the content registry, as it is one of the caches you should delete regularly, and it wouldn't cause the problems you're experiencing.
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:13 pm

Ohhh, okay. Just went into my game, but before I did that, I ran my System Mechanic and clean out stuff and now my lot is working and back to the Norm. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:22 pm

Great news, BBdoll.
woo
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:59 pm

Sound like your game went crazy.. LOL. Glad to hear it is working the right way again. goofigirl
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 pm

Thanks Cinda and Tasia. Well, more notes to my binder. rolling lol Maybe my game is not used to me playing. lol1 Has been a while since I've really played any of my families. Now I have trees catching on fire and can't be put be put out; Peeps standing in the middle of the bed - and sleeping while they are eating; street lights and poles all thru my house. rolling lol

Quite an experiance! :afraid:
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 3:27 am

flower Glitches are a pain but some of them are really fun. I like to take lots of pictures for such occasions. Razz

:hairygrin: abduct :affraid:
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 2:03 pm

U know, hun, I would have taken pics, in fact that was my intentions, so I could share with everyone. I was so tired, and my head was hurting, neck aching so I just needed to go to bed. It would have been great if you all could have seen it. If it happens again, I'll be sure to take pics for you all.

:affraid:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!   [solved]S t r a n g e Stuff  Happening! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[solved]S t r a n g e Stuff Happening!
Page 1 of 1