SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

[solved]Multi-Part Hacks? What are they?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 774513

[solved]Multi-Part Hacks? What are they? Empty
PostSubject: [solved]Multi-Part Hacks? What are they?   [solved]Multi-Part Hacks? What are they? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 14, 2014 7:41 pm

I've been doing some research on Re-naming my FileNames in my Download folder.  This one person states,
Quote :
You can safely rename almost all Sims 2 content, changing the file names to something that is more descriptive.

The only files you should probably not rename are large multi-part hacks which have multiple files... the names given to the files effect the order they are loaded by the game, which is important. Otherwise, though, you can safely rename 99.99% of content with no problem.

Now my question is,
1. What is a Multi-part hack?
2. How do I determine a Multi-part hack?

HystericalParoxysm says this,

Quote :
No, it doesn't. Any file can be renamed to anything and it will show up just fine in the game. That creator's incorrect - waaay back when, there was some misinformation about that, but it has been proven untrue. The only things you might not want to rename are things that need to load in a particular order - I think there's some InTeen modules that are meant to load in a particular order... but you -can- still rename them, just have to keep the filenames such that they'll still load in the same order (alphabetically, numerically, etc.)

So I'm guessing that I can rename my Filenames to something like this:

If my Name shows:
Just Eyelashes~Natural Black~by A.S.K., and the Filename shows:
0622b4209ecf19b56417743ede44d6d9

[solved]Multi-Part Hacks? What are they? CIFileName3_zps63c884c1

I guess I can rename the File Name to something like this.  Note the Name change on bottom.  Would this be ok?
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 774513

[solved]Multi-Part Hacks? What are they? Empty
PostSubject: Re: [solved]Multi-Part Hacks? What are they?   [solved]Multi-Part Hacks? What are they? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:44 am

Nevermind...  extrahappy  Nonni has come thru for me and saved the day. She has answered all of my questions about this issue that has been troubling me for some time. Thanks, Nonni!  extrahappy 
Back to top Go down

[solved]Multi-Part Hacks? What are they?
Page 1 of 1