SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 29 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

Bad News/Good news

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 710771

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:57 pm

Bad news, everyone - My pc is on the verge of going out on me - for the 4th time. It's a junky WalMart special that I upgraded the graphics card and RAM myself to be a moderately working pc. First time it went out, it was the motherboard. Good thing I purchased the extended warranty or I'd be up the creek.The second time the power supply blew out, taking the motherboard, the graphics and ram with it. The third time, it was the motherboard again, and was just right before the warranty went out.Well, by this time I definitely knew I had a lemon. I've never had luck with WalMart stuff, and I won't bother with WalMart ever again. scratch I've anticipated this for a while. I can tell that the motherboard is about to go out by the way it's been behaving: the blue screen of death 3 times in the past 3 months, and last night the screen kept blinking off and on the way it has in the past before it went out. I'm in the process of backing up everything again in case the d-day comes along soon.If I don't log in for awhile that probably means it finally died on me. Even the internet freezes up on me all the time now, and I'm tired of it! Good news is I've been planning to have a new pc built for me, with everything I'll ever need. I'm working 13 days straight again so that overtime will help quite a bit. I'll probably put my order in for it next week. I can't wait! flower cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
Pierre1
Pierre1

Male

Scorpio Posts : 573
Simoleons : 672293

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:06 pm

wow that no fun me i am in the process of asking my brother to custom build me a new computer because mine is outdated for my simming needs and is also constently slowing down witch force me to do a full reboot just to have optimal speed.
Back to top Go down
http://delightfulsims.net/index.php
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:16 pm

I bet we'll both be jumping for joy soon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pierre1
Pierre1

Male

Scorpio Posts : 573
Simoleons : 672293

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:35 pm

yes me i can tell you my new computer in the spects i went and told my brother i said i wanted a 2000 gig or 3.5 to hard drive a 1000 gig external hard drive 10 gig of ram ect
Back to top Go down
http://delightfulsims.net/index.php
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Me I want a quad core i7 3.5 gh Pentium processor, 10 gb ram, 1 tb hard drive, and a high - end Nvidia gaming graphics card, so I'll never want for anything more on my Pc! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 683597

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Bad News/Good News   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 11:41 am

Glad to hear that your computer problems are being fixed. It should be great to have the new ones. Eventually, I'll need a new one as well.

I'm using a laptop I bought in 2005 (with the program re-installed once) and I paid a bit for it. My friend who buys computers from Wal-Mart (usually on sale) is on her third or fourth one in the same time. The processor on my laptop will only allow me to play TS2 but since I prefer it to TS3, I'm okay with that. However, I will most likely need a new computer to play TS4 when it comes out (if I like it). I am very careful about the number of programs that I put on my computer and have added extra memory (okay, I didn't add it, my computer expert friend, did Laughing ). As long as I can keep my TS2 game working, download some of the CC I like and go online (especially to this site), I'm happy.

Happy Simming! Lilly Smile
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 774513

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Glad to hear that you will be back to your ole FUN self. LoL Excited for you! bounce
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 10:27 pm

Well, the dreaded day finally came. On Monday, October 15, my ol' pc became permanently disabled, leaving me with no other choice than to go out and buy a new one. Too many parts of that motherboard finally went out, leaving it to loop to the desktop and startup over and over. Bad news is I forgot to backup my pc manually more recently, and because the Windows Backup feature never worked on that lemon. But I'm still going to try to get the files off of it by using F11 and the Create Backup Files in the advanced options; it's going to take 32 dvds to get all of it. It's at 23% right now, since I started it at 11:30 this morning. It may take more than 24 hours to get it done, that is is if the dvd burner still works and if it doesn't finally kick the bucket. Wish me luck.
On the upside, I bought a new laptop on clearance at Staples the day my old pc messed up, and it's a good one. I got it at $180 off and a rebate to get a $15 Visa card and Windows 8 upgrade for free when it comes out. Ya can't get better than that! I've never had a laptop before, it's a whole new experience. I bought it because I knew that "Dream Desktop PC" is a long way off, and I needed one now, not next year. lol
But I'm getting used to this laptop and am really starting to like it. The only things I don't like /miss is I don't care for where the eject button is on the dvd drive, (I solved that with a Google Gadget eject button) I miss my big screen, and I'm having trouble with the touchpad mouse causing my text to jump around when I'm typing (I'm using my wireless mouse because I prefer it over the touchpad. Does anyone know how to disable the touchpad? I've tried to, but I can't figure out how yet) I am proud of it though, and I treat it like a baby! Here are a few of the specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
8192MB RAM
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
DirectX 11

It runs the Sims 2 like a dream! I have never been able to run that game with all the settings on high in the past, and it's awesome!

extrahappy extrahappy extrahappy dancer extrahappy extrahappy extrahappy
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Bad News/Good News   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:11 am

mickeywave Hi, CindaLove!

I'm glad you have a computer that is working well for you.

Unfortunately I'm unable to help you with touchpad mouse problem. My computer guy fixed mine, so that, it's easier to use by disabling some feature. So, I know it's possible--just not how to do it. (He knows both the Micorsoft and Apple Operating Systems very well.)

Good luck with the mouse issue. It's great that it's playing your TS2 game better.

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Yay! The backup worked! It took 26 disks instead of 32, and I'm installing the files on my pc now. So I didn't lose all my Sims stuff and game progress after all!
yay
woo extrahappy pillowfight confetti strut bull
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 774513

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:14 pm

Fantastic! Glad you finally got it going. congrats2
Back to top Go down
katee752
Rising Star
Rising Star
katee752

Female

Pisces Posts : 296
Simoleons : 676556

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 1:53 am

Hey!
I'm not sure what computer you use, but I have a Toshiba laptop and the touchpad disable button is right above the touch pad. I'm sure Google will have the answer :3
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 8:44 am

Wonderful, CindaLove. I'm great that your TS2 game is still intact. cheers

Have fun simming! extrahappy

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:32 am

Thanks Katee. Yes I Googled the answer and disabled it. So much better. Google is our friend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad News/Good news Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News/Good news   Bad News/Good news I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad News/Good news
Page 1 of 1