SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
SG Tester 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SG Tester 2

We've moved! Please register with us at the new Simmer's Garden.

PortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog inRegister
We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden! We've moved! Please join us at the new Simmer's Garden!

Facebook
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 158 on Fri May 11, 2012 12:41 am

120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

Scorpio Posts : 2228
Simoleons : 774513

120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! Empty
PostSubject: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 5:10 pm

120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan
Lot Size (3x3)
hello2 Everyone!  Here is the Floor Plan for those who may not be able to load my house.  I am creating a New Lot using "MoonIslands.sc4", but it can be placed in any hood you choose. You have my permission to use my floor plan in creating your own personal lot.  If you create and distribute a home using my floor plan, please give me some credit for my plan.  Enjoy!
 confetti  

120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! Front

BATHROOM - 1ST LEVEL
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! 1stFlrBathroom

1ST LEVEL - This is where you may place your Bedrooms. There is room for 2 or 3.  There is an Exit on this level that leads out to the back. The stairs leads to the 2nd Level.
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! 1stLevel

2nd Level - Living Room and Kitchen are here.  Balcony is on this level.
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! 2ndLevel

Top View of 2nd Level shows the Living Room, Kitchen and Exit leading to Garage and Back.
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! 2ndLevel-Top

1st Level here shows the Garage, Bedrooms and Baths.
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! FirstLevel

Garage - View show Stairs leading to 2nd Level, which leads to Back/Balcony, and Kitchen.
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! GarageandExitto2ndLevel

Kitchen - Dining area included. You can enter Living Room from here.
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! Kitchen

View of Kitchen and Stairs Exit to Garage.  Can Exit to Back here also.
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! KitchenandExittoBackandGarage

Living Room with Stairs leading to 1st Level.  Can Exit Front Door to Balcony.
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! LivingRmandStairsto1stLevel

Stairs leading to 2nd Level.
120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! Stairsto1stLevel

Here is the link to a more detailed Floor Plan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by BBdoll3 on Sun May 18, 2014 5:28 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Corrected address in description.)
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

Leo Posts : 943
Simoleons : 683597

PostSubject: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:07 am

Hi CindaLove,

I don't need to log out and then back in because I can see all the pictures now. thankyou for fixing the problem.

[Yes, it solved the problem. I was writing this post while you were writing your second post.]

Hi BBdoll,

The floor plan is clear to me, especially if I go back to the original picture to get the correct orientation. The only thing I'd add is the size of the lot that you used (such as 3 x 4, etc or whatever it is). Also, what neighborhood did you build it in as that may help me know where the lot would best fit--that is, if it's a lot on the beach.

I'm going to try and build it this weekend as that will be the best test of the floor plan. I'll let you know how it works out. For, right now, I'm getting sleepy. tired

clapping Thanks to both of you for helping, so that, I could see the pictures. It's a wonderful house.

Lilly flower

Last edited by Lilly LeClaire on Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:20 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add to message to CindaLove.)
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:20 am

Wow! Thanks Cinda. I was dreading having to re-post. Glad that you figured out what the problem was, which was? Can you say? Was it something that I did or didn't do? Just so I can avoid the same thing again. thanx

And thanks Lilly for your help and Daisy also. thanx
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:22 am

mickeywave BBdoll,

I plan to try building it, later today. Thanks for the wonderful floor plan. bravo

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:55 am

You're welcome, BBdoll.

I am happy that it all worked out well. And, I'll give you feedback when I've gone in tried to build the house. It a great plan, cheers so I'm thinking I'll have no problem building it. Can't wait to get started. bounce

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 710771

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:40 am

No it wasn't anything on your part, BBdoll. It appears that when the Floor Plan section was created, the wrong box was chosen or overlooked for the viewing images, so I changed it to the correct one. This Forum is a very good one with a very good Forum Support. All I had to do was go in there and look up the problem in the search, and it brought up the solution. Can't get better than that!
yay
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 9:03 pm

That's great, Cinda. So glad that you were able to fix and it wasn't something I had done. I was lucky that you were still logged on to help me out.thanx

@Lilly, goodluck in creating your house. Can't wait to see it.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 1:31 pm

mickeywave Hi BBdoll,

I'm working on building this lot (but got stuck with some work stuff so it's taking longer than I originally planned to get back into my Sims game). Very Happy

The house looks similar to yours from the front view but I'm having a few problems with getting the dimensions correct. So, here are some questions:

1. How many tiles are there (on the right side) from the front of the garage to the front of the house? (I'm thinking two, but I'm not sure.)

2. Does the balcony (front and/or back) hang over without a floor beneath or is it, in fact, part of the roof for the lower level (especially in the back)?

3. Does the rear entry (through the garage) stick out without any garage below it? (For one to three tiles)? I'm having difficulty getting the two stairways to line up as they do in your floor plan? (It appears that the stairway in the garage is at the back of the garage but that doesn't work to place it where it is in the rear entry from the garage--or, at least, it seems that way--unless there is an overhang or unless the stair do not go all the way to the back of the garage or I've missed something entirey.)

4. How did you build the stairs on the front? (Are the stairs in the balcony completely or do they come up to a landing and there are no floor tiles going back toward the kitchen/garage section where the stairs come up?)

5. Where is the mailbox and the garbage can? It would help me to orient the house on the lot. (I was unable to locate it in the picture--could just be me.)

6. Did you use two garage pieces outside or is one and then simply floor tiles to make it look like a patio? Are there floor tiles around the garage piece in the garaga (and the walls are built around the garage piece) or did you put a tile on either side and then build the walls one tile out (on either side and/or in the back)?

I guess I'm needing a little help with the details. I hope that my questions make sense. I am looking forward to your help. I'm excited to finish the house and put a Sims family in to play it. bounce

Lilly flower

Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:16 pm

Working on answers for you now, hun.
Back to top Go down
Simmer's Garden
Admin
Simmer's Garden

Female

Pisces Posts : 2287
Simoleons : 813871

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 5:22 pm

I Aploagise guy's this was my fault. i forgot to set the permissions to let all members see the images and links thanx cinda for fixing that for us Smile sorry guy's flower
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/TutusChicBoutique
CindaLove
Admin
CindaLove

Female

Pisces Posts : 3130
Simoleons : 710771

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 9:20 pm

No problem at all Neff. That's what I'm here for, to help out.
flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.cindassimstyle.com/
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 3:15 am

hello2 Lilly! Well, I've been working on this most of the evening, and for the past 2.5 hrs trying to figure out HOW to upload my Word Doc to the Forum, with no luck at all. unhappydance Therefore, I'm just gonna cut and paste my instructions here Without sad my pictures that show arrows and where you can look, etc..

Send me your email address in a private message and I will be happy to forward you the intire document for you to view. Anyway, here's what I have. Sorry I could not get the pics for you. I did not re-edit this as it will take too long, and I'm tired right now frustrated that I could not load the intire document. Hope this does not add confusion, as the following is typed up as if there are pictures for you do see.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Hun! So sorry for the confusion. Guess I thought everyone would just take my Floor plan and build the way they wanted by just looking at what I had. I guess when giving floor plans I need to make sure I have all this info. I will try to answer all of your questions so here we go.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1. How many tiles are there (on the right side) from the front of the garage to the front of the house? (I'm thinking two, but I'm not sure.)

Answer: There are (2) tiles from the front of the garage to the front of the house, and (5) tiles from the right side of the garage to the house (back - by stairs). There is a total of (10) tiles for the length of the garage. This will give you the space needed to add the stairs at the BACK of the garage.

2. Does the balcony (front and/or back) hang over without a floor beneath or is it, in fact, part of the roof for the lower level (especially in the back)?

Answer: Yes, the balcony does hang over – w/o a floor beneath, or support columns. I just ‘extended’ my floor out while I was putting my floor in – if that makes sense. (It is not part of the roof)!

3. Does the rear entry (through the garage) stick out without any garage below it? (For one to three tiles)? I'm having difficulty getting the two stairways to line up as they do in your floor plan? (It appears that the stairway in the garage is at the back of the garage but that doesn't work to place it where it is in the rear entry from the garage--or, at least, it seems that way--unless there is an overhang or unless the stair do not go all the way to the back of the garage or I've missed something entirey.)

Answer: Yes, it does stick out past the garage about (2) tiles. Garage is NOT under it.

The stairs are located in separate rooms. Here’s a pic with the walls up… Does this help?

Picture - Walls Down. Stairs start (1) tile from wall (this in in the living room).

In this picture, there are (2) tiles from the wall.

4. How did you build the stairs on the front? (Are the stairs in the balcony completely or do they come up to a landing and there are no floor tiles going back toward the kitchen/garage section where the stairs come up?)

Answer: It think, what I did here was, my floor was already extended to create the balcony, and then I added the regular set of stairs. I’m not sure I understand what you are asking when you ask, “Are the stairs in the balcony completely, or do they come up to the landing.”
Just make the floor of your balcony, and then select the stairs you want. When you see the “GREEN“ outline of the stairs, just lock it to where you want your stairs to go. The same way you would normally add stairs.

I have (1) space from the base of house to the stairs, as you can see here. I guess if you wanted, you could put them against the house. That’s your choice. Don’t think it would make a difference. Well, guess it would after looking at my pictures again. You would reduce the space in from of your front door.

5. Where is the mailbox and the garbage can? It would help me to orient the house on the lot. (I was unable to locate it in the picture--could just be me.)

Answer: I had moved my mailbox with the cheat command, “moveobjects on”, and I have it inside a “Mailbox Cover” that I got from TSR.

My ‘Trash Can’ I used the cheat command “moveobjects on” and placed it on the patio in the back by the door. You don’t need to place your mailbox and trash in the same place. I like to move my trash cans so Sims can’t kick it over, causing “BUGS”!

6. Did you use two garage pieces outside or is one and then simply floor tiles to make it look like a patio? Are there floor tiles around the garage piece in the garage (and the walls are built around the garage piece) or did you put a tile on either side and then build the walls one tile out (on either side and/or in the back)?

Answer: For my Driveways and Extensions, I genuinely use the regular Driveways and Extensions, and replace them with an “Invisible”. Got these from TSR. This way, I can see where I can connect my extensions, and where to use (start and end), my choice of floor tiles. I like them to be the same as my walkway. And “Yes”, to answer your first question. I did use (2) Driveways for outside, but only have a “Single” garage.
I built the walls like you would normally build them.

I hope I have answered all of your questions. Let me know if you need more info.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 8:02 am

Yes, BBdoll. You did very well answering my questions. Very Happy Sorry if it was frustrating for you. I know how I get when something won't work out and I want to transfer it by the "cut and paste" or "copy and paste" method. sad

thankyou so very much for taking the time to answer all of my crazy questions. Sorry about the stairs (in front) question--guess I wasn't real clear (still not sure how to write what I was asking Laughing ).

Thanks, again. Lilly flower

PS I'll also send you a PM.
Back to top Go down
Lilly LeClaire
Vocal Legend
Vocal Legend
Lilly LeClaire

Female

PostSubject: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 10:44 pm

mickeywave Hi BBdoll!

A little later, the same evening. Very Happy

Just had a thought newidea as I was jotting down notes from what you wrote. This would be for future floor plans you might make (don't re-do the ones you've already done). Is it possible to take pictures when the grid lines are in place, so that, anyone viewing the floor plan could count the number of tiles? (That would certainly be easier if it were possible. Just a thought (which may not even work).

Lilly flower
Back to top Go down
Sunflowergal22
Superstar
Superstar
Sunflowergal22

Female

Leo Posts : 509
Simoleons : 620665

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 9:54 pm

Hey BBdoll!

nice floor plan. it really helps me. daisy
Back to top Go down
BBdoll3
Admin
BBdoll3

Female

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 12:19 pm

thanx I just wish I was able to post my instructions that has pictures, that has pointers and all so you can see what I'm referring to. Not sure how to do that. It's on a word doc, and I've done it before when I was trying to demonstrate something to Cinda a while back, but for some reason, can remember how I did it. Think I have to make my doc a pic format. If and when I figure that out I'll post it then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!   120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

120 Beach Crest - Floor Plan!
Page 1 of 1